Finally got brave enough to do it .... Took me a couple of tries to get the phone into DFU mode but smooth sailing from that point forward. That wasn't so bad I read through everything in the forum I could find and had it not been for that I don't think I would have been able to do it
    04-26-2011 08:17 PM
    Congratulations.
    04-26-2011 08:20 PM
    I'm thinking about JB'ing too. How is the battery life so far since JB'ing?
    04-26-2011 08:51 PM
    Congrats! Check out sbsettings, winterboard and alot of others. I'm sure you will be pleasantly surprised. @yaboid the battery life is very good after jb but of course that is subject to personal use. Let us know if you need any help or have questions
    04-26-2011 09:39 PM
    Congrats, you can explore much time by time
    04-26-2011 10:31 PM
    Congrats. You will be able to do so much more with your iPhone now than before.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.
    04-26-2011 10:33 PM
    Congrtas!! Check out LockInfo and SBSettings in Cydia. They are JB must haves!
    04-26-2011 10:35 PM
    Welcome aboard. Makes the iPhone so much better.
    04-26-2011 11:20 PM
    Congrats! Check out sbsettings, winterboard and alot of others. I'm sure you will be pleasantly surprised. @yaboid the battery life is very good after jb but of course that is subject to personal use. Let us know if you need any help or have questions
    Thanks. One more thing. Some users say the OS is not as stable post-jailbreak. I travel a lot and don't want to have a situation where I would HAVE to connect to iTunes to restore if it froze or something. Any input on those claims? TIA
    04-27-2011 12:53 AM
    Mine is just as stable as it was pre jailbreak and I have not had to restore it.
    04-27-2011 01:00 AM
    You sound as excited as I did, when I had mine done. Go you! for doing it your self. Not sure I would be able to. It's a rule one of my daughters must be dating a tech smart guy at all times......lol j/k sort of :P
    04-27-2011 07:48 AM
    Thanks. One more thing. Some users say the OS is not as stable post-jailbreak. I travel a lot and don't want to have a situation where I would HAVE to connect to iTunes to restore if it froze or something. Any input on those claims? TIA
    The post jb os is stable, no worries there. that said, its like anything else. There will be an app out there that wasn't developed right and the phone won't like it. Your phone might reboot in safe mode. Turn it off, turn it back on a couple of times until you see the gp icon and things are good. not really much different than stock if you ask me. most of the time and somtimes rightly so if the device starts acting wonky (technical term) and the user has jailbroken or rooted is your on android they will blame that instead of a bad app. If you do your homework, look at the ratings and or check out the feedback on forums like these chances are you will be good. And when you jb, remember when you plug into itunes, DO NOT CLICK UPDATE, HIT CANCEL
    BLiNK likes this.
    04-27-2011 08:40 AM
    Congrats! Go for Lockinfo & ToneFx, and you won't be sorry.
    04-28-2011 10:30 AM
    OP Congrats!!!!! always glad to hear someone JB. Welcome to the club and check out the threads about the apps.

I have been JBing for 4 years now and I have never had an unstable JB. I have had better phones than users I've seen on here with vanilla iPhones who have all sorts of problems. So it's all dependent on what you do with the JB. I'm a very light user so I tend to use only the things I need and not install every app in Cydia. I install new ones after my friends and trusted posters here have tried them. When you're JBen and if the phone was acting a little wonky because it does happen all it takes is a hard boot and you're usually back in business. Just make sure you backup and sync your phone regularly anyway so that your data is always safe.
    04-28-2011 01:17 PM
    welcome to the mysterious battery drains, springboard crashes and waiting on intelligent teenagers to release the next jailbreak so you can finally update to the latest & greatest iOS
    04-28-2011 07:25 PM
    The post jb os is stable, no worries there. that said, its like anything else. There will be an app out there that wasn't developed right and the phone won't like it. Your phone might reboot in safe mode. Turn it off, turn it back on a couple of times until you see the gp icon and things are good. not really much different than stock if you ask me. most of the time and somtimes rightly so if the device starts acting wonky (technical term) and the user has jailbroken or rooted is your on android they will blame that instead of a bad app. If you do your homework, look at the ratings and or check out the feedback on forums like these chances are you will be good. And when you jb, remember when you plug into itunes, DO NOT CLICK UPDATE, HIT CANCEL
    very well said.
    04-30-2011 09:11 AM
    Just jailbroke mine as well and so happy I did! I actually think my battery life got way better. Loving backgrounder and multifl0w
    05-03-2011 11:55 PM
    Congrats to the OP!! Gotta love the jailbreak! Allows a lot more tweaking! I'm sure you will thoroughly enjoy it, I know I do!
    05-04-2011 01:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD