Hello everyone!

I did a jailbreak on my iPhone a month or so ago then, for whatever reason, decided to restore it. Now I want to JB it again, but I've been reading that 4.2.7 isn't able to be jailbroken. Can someone clear this up for me or direct me to a link/article to read?

I tired searching by 4.2.7 and jail break turned up a TON of response!

Thanks!
    04-25-2011 07:04 PM
    downgrade to 4.3.2 then jailbreak :S maybe
    04-26-2011 01:35 PM
    4.2.7 is JBable but some have said they had problems after they JB. I don't have a VZ phone so I haven't been following last I heard it was a tethered JB but it might have been upgraded by now. If you're looking for links just check through the threads on this first page I'm sure there are a couple with links on this topic.
    iLive an iLife likes this.
    04-26-2011 02:21 PM
    Thanks, man! I tried doing a tethered JB last night with redsn0w and it didn't work. I managed to JB my phone but the Cydia app store wouldn't load and it was just a white square. I restored and am just going to wait for greenpois0n I guess. I'm getting anxious though. I've been researching JB apps and tweaks - I didn't really understand all the features you can unlock with a JB!
    04-27-2011 09:33 AM
    Okay, so I went through the jailbreak process with my iPhone 4 (Verizon) and now what? What's the best stuff to get from Cydia, etc.? Why should I remain jailbroken?
    05-03-2011 02:02 PM
    Okay, so I went through the jailbreak process with my iPhone 4 (Verizon) and now what? What's the best stuff to get from Cydia, etc.? Why should I remain jailbroken?
    Would you be willing to post the links to what you needed to JB the phone? I have been trying for a few days to do the untethered jailbreak off an on and have not been able to do it. Your help would be much appreciated!
    05-03-2011 02:22 PM
    Would you be willing to post the links to what you needed to JB the phone? I have been trying for a few days to do the untethered jailbreak off an on and have not been able to do it. Your help would be much appreciated!
    Sure, I followed the link(s) available on the TiPb site to the iH8sn0w site and I downloaded the iREB and sn0wbreeze 2.6 executables. I then ran sn0wbreeze and followed the instructions. there was really nothing to it. I'm a Mac user, but also have a couple of Windows machines, so running the JB programs didn't present an issue.

My thing now is what to do now that I've done it... I'm not really sure what the best apps/tweaks/etc. are.
    05-03-2011 02:58 PM
    These are paid apps but here's my list...also get ready for this thread to be moved to the apps forum.

iFile - root file system access

Attachment Saver - let's you download attachments from Mail app

Safari Download Manager - download files from Safari

Synchronicity - use phone while syncing

TetherMe - unlock hotspot capability without carrier charges - similar to mywi or pdanet but I like it better plus it's cheaper
    05-03-2011 03:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD