Hej ive downloaded a slider but it doesnt show up and i activated it via winterboard.
    Can anyone help me plz

Ps. someone that knows beatiful animated lockscreen backgrouns?
    04-25-2011 10:16 AM
    Which slider? Can you post a screenshot of your Winterboard list? Do you know how to SSH into your phone?
    TheDoctor29 likes this.
    04-27-2011 07:14 AM
    Hello!

I am having the same issue. my Winterboard is listing it as SLIDER, i have 'respring' and no changes.
    ver. 4.2.1
    Library/Themes/SLIDER/Bundles/com.apple.springboard
    3 files
    bottombarknobgray.png
    bottombarknobgreen.png
    bottombarknobred.png

edit: i have no issue changing the slide to unlock text. maybe its a pathing issue?
    10-18-2011 06:02 PM
    Hello!

I am having the same issue. my Winterboard is listing it as SLIDER, i have 'respring' and no changes.
    ver. 4.2.1
    Library/Themes/SLIDER/Bundles/com.apple.springboard
    3 files
    bottombarknobgray.png
    bottombarknobgreen.png
    bottombarknobred.png

edit: i have no issue changing the slide to unlock text. maybe its a pathing issue?
    If it's a retina display device, you need to have files that are the right size...basically twice as large, and with an @2x between the name and file type: bottombarknobgreen@2x.png for instance.

Also, I believe your file path should be ...Bundles/com.apple.TelephonyUI

Hope that helps!
    10-18-2011 07:08 PM
    I am a noob to iphone terms in regards to the retina display. Its an iphone 4 im hope that answers the question.
    10-18-2011 07:58 PM
    So yeah, you have a retina display. The theme you're using was written for older devices. Try some other slider themes and see what you get.
    10-18-2011 09:45 PM
    If i were to make the pathing change and file names you listed above, would it convert to my device?
    10-18-2011 10:02 PM
    Well, it's not just the file names; the images themselves need to be made two times as large for a retina display device...so if you just rename them it won't look right at all. You might look around and see if anyone has made an HD version (or "Retina" version) of the theme you want. Otherwise you'd need to replace the icons or just find a different slider that is already retina-ready...
    10-18-2011 10:31 PM
    If i were to make the pathing change and file names you listed above, would it convert to my device?
    okay cool got it to work by renaming the path and file names
    only issue is the slider icon is a bit small but i can live with it

edit: ^^^ exactly what I just encountered. atleast I am on the right path now. Thanks folks
    10-18-2011 10:34 PM
    is there a way I can convert the files myself? This is probably when I should start using the search function

Thanks all for the info
    10-18-2011 10:38 PM
    Sure.

You can convert them using an image editing program (photoshop, GIMP, etc.) but they'll look like crap because you need to make them larger. Just scaling yours up to the new size will make them look pixelated.

If it were me I'd either make my own in one of those programs or just find an HD theme with a slider I liked--since you already know how to rename stuff in a theme, I'm sure you know how to copy a file from one and paste it into another. That way you can pick and choose different things from different themes. If you want to search for a specific size, just double the size of the icons you have now and use Google Image Search to search for images with exactly those measurements.

(Also look here for a very basic tutorial on measurements and file names.)

Have fun!
    Last edited by Massie; 10-18-2011 at 11:27 PM.
    10-18-2011 11:25 PM
    Thx bruh
    Let the madness begin!

On a side note: when i apply a theme and it changes my background--when i open a folder the background is my old wallpaper... Whats up w/ that
    10-18-2011 11:35 PM
    That one I'll let you search for...basically the OS looks in a different spot for folder backgrounds; you can fix it or you can use a tweak in Cydia to fix it...
    TheDoctor29 likes this.
    10-18-2011 11:45 PM
    man.. this site is the best ive found for modding the phone.. i will be busy.. some of the tutorials on this site are amazing
    10-19-2011 03:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD