help iPhone4/iOS 4.1 - Jailbreaking

RacecarBMW#IM

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Could someone please help. I made thread earlier but no one replied and I am getting very desperate. I used to have an android phone so I am not very used to iOS.

Currently I have an Iphone4 32GB on Bell Canada. I want to jailbreak it and sim unlock it. The baseband is 02.10.04

What steps should I follow? Is it impossible to unlock?

Please please help and new iphone convert.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
If you want to unlock the only tools you can use are Pwnage Tool(Mac Only) or Sn0wbreeze(Windows only) you can find them at iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials look under tutorials, iPhone, Jailbreak or iPhoneHeat | Jailbreak Unlock Guides, Firmwares, Apps, Themes

I've posted this info before so normally I would tell you to search but you're a fellow Canadian so I'll give you a pass on this one :p

Before you can follow these instructions you must have a jailbroken iPhone and you must be on the 04.26.08, 05.11.07, 05.12.01, 05.13.04, 06.15.00, or 01.59 baseband(modem firmware).

You can see your Baseband is not in the list so you wont be able to unlock yet or even anytime soon.

Reactions: RacecarBMW#IM

RacecarBMW#IM

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Oh sorry also

I am in iOS 4.1, Do you recommend I use limera1n or should I update to something else and use a different jailbreak tool?

I would like it to be an untethered jailbreak as well.

Thank you.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
There are untethered JB for 4.3.2 so it's up to you really if you go to the iClarified link I gave you you can look for the different tools for the versions of firmware. I've heard from someone who said the Gevy thing works so you can try it and see if it works or not because it's been awhile and no new basebands have been unlocked and who knows how much longer it will be. So I think you if you decide to upgrade to 4.3.2 then look for the Pwnage Tool(Mac) method or you can go to iPhoneHeat | Jailbreak Unlock Guides, Firmwares, Apps, Themes and look for Sn0wbreeze(Windows) this way your baseband will not be upgraded just incase the Gevy method doesn't work and you need to wait for an unlock.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2