3GS JB upgrade

Diff

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
I have a 3GS, version 3.1.2 (7D11), modem firmware (baseband) of 05.11.07, and have iTune 9 (9.1.0.79) on my labtop. I have previously jailbroke my phone (tethered - Using blackra1n on my laptop), sometime back.

Do I use Redsnow*0.9.6*rc9? DL latest iTunes version? Step by step process is where?

Q - When my iPhone looses power or freezes, I restore JB by teathering to my laptop & running BlackRa1n. What do I do if I use Redsnow*0.9.6*rc9? Run it again?

Q - Assume I bckup/sync my current JB iPhone using my existing iTunes 9?*

Much thanks!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Are you unlocked? If you're not then head over to iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials look for the tutorials then iPhone, Jailbreak. You will want to hook up to iTunes and upgrade to 4.3.2 then follow the instructions to do the redsn0w JB. It is not a tethered JB so when you reboot you wont have to run anything.

Diff

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Are you unlocked? No.*

>>It is not a tethered JB so when you reboot you wont have to run anything?

No clear on your last statement. IF, in the future the iPhone losses power or freezes, up, how do I restore the JB?

Thanks for the reply!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Tethered JB- Each time the phone reboots, battery dies, install new apps, you must connect to a computer and run the JB Tool.

Untethered JB- You do not need to do anything the phone works just like any regular iPhone.

The 4.3.2 JB is untethered

Diff

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Final issues...

Went to the website reads: "...how to jailbreak your iPhone 4...

I have a 3GS that is JB with BlackRa1n.

No concern?