Okay I was on 4.2.1 jb with greenp0ison for my 3GS and was going to stay there but after yet another springboard crash answering a call I decided to bite the bullet and upgrade to 4.3.2 and jb with Redsn0w. Following directions from iClarified I did the restore (shift-Restore) in iTunes and then JB the phone. Everything looked good. So I launch Cydia and when on the main Cydia screen anything I go into gives me a blank screen from there. Reload doesn't help. I search and find Pkgbackup (which I used before doing this) and try to install it. Well it starts to install and then hangs after Downloading Erica Utilities and Done: Erica Utilities. It eventually comes back with 2 red 'Host Unreachable' errors.

I've rebooted the phone. I even went and restored the phone again and redid the JB.

Ideas?
    04-21-2011 12:46 PM
    Well I am able to install other apps through Cydia such as Winterboard and BiteSMS by searching for them but still can't get to any of the stuff on the main page (Featured/Themes/Manage account/etc).
    04-21-2011 01:11 PM
    I think cydia servers are having issues because of the Amazon EC2 issue that's been all over the tech news today. Cydia store is hosted on Amazons servers.
    Martavious likes this.
    04-21-2011 01:52 PM
    I think cydia servers are having issues because of the Amazon EC2 issue that's been all over the tech news today. Cydia store is hosted on Amazons servers.
    Thanks! Just saved my phone from being thrown at the wall
    04-21-2011 02:11 PM
    Amazon Outage Crashes Reddit, Quora, and Other Websites - PCWorld

I was having issues as well installing things on Cydia. Host unreachable.
    04-21-2011 03:30 PM
    i had minor issues updating some tweaks/apps this morning but after trying a second or third time all went well

seems to be the norm lately..
    04-21-2011 04:14 PM
    Looks to still be a problem. 'saurik' posted on Twitter yesterday

"Amazon EC2 (which does host the primary Cydia website, purchasing, etc.) is currently experiencing severe issues: nothing I can do but wait."

Still having the same issues today with the stuff on the main Cydia page and a handful of essential apps that I need to get back .. Oh well gives me time to use the phone in a more "stock" mode =D
    04-22-2011 08:40 AM
    Looks like things are back to normal again! Amazon really hosed saurik and other Cydia customers on this one.
    04-25-2011 08:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD