[FIX] No Signal Bars 4.3.2 Redsn0w

Wiltron

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Hello all

Found out how to fix the no signal bars issue with 4.3.2 jailbreak, and for the low low price of a hug (fembots only) or a high five, I'll give it to you :D

Now, it's a bit of a long process, using multiple tools found across the interwebz, however I'm fairly certain this works now for everyone. I've tested it out on my iPhone 4, as well as my sisters 3GS. No iTouch's have been tested, due to me not having an iTouch. Donate one to me and I'll test it out (I don't actually expect this to work..)

THIS IS UNLOCK UNFRIENDLY - DON'T USE THIS GUIDE IF YOU RELY ON AN UNLOCK

First, you'll need some tools. You'll have to google them.
Redsn0w 0.9.6 RC14
iPhone 4.3.2 Firmware File

Next, I removed the gs.apple.com reference from my hosts file, which pointed to Saurik's server for backup SHSH's - just comment it out with a # in front of it.

Now, restore using iTunes normal. Don't shift-click, nothing special, just a normal restore. Backup/sync before you do this obviously.

Once that's done, I took note that my signal bars were there, active and working. Full strength at my office, which is normal. WiFi and Bluetooth were all working as well, and noticed that HotSpot and VPN were also there.

Now, your next step is to run RedSn0w. Find the 4.3.2 IPSW you downloaded, and point RedSn0w to it. Follow the on-screen instructions, like DFU mode and all that other fun stuff. Pretty self explanatory.

It rebooted once again, and I noticed that Cydia was installed on the device, 4.3.2 shown in the About section, and all the other stuff was still there, like signal bars and what not.

Now, for those who use a ton of Cydia apps, I suggest that instead of using the queuing feature of Cydia to install all the apps in one go, throw them on one at a time. Some rumors are floating around the net stating that specific apps are not compatible with 4.3.2, which could very well be true, however to pinpoint which programs are causing the issue, write down what successfully installed on your device, and continued to keep signal bars showing up properly.

Known to be working on my end so far:

Activator
LockInfo
LockWeather Native
LockInfo Hide Clock
SBSettings
SBSettings Illumine Theme
iRealSMS 3.0

Last edited:
Reactions: dclaghorn and cowp

Trending Posts

Members online