Theme Icons not Changing

G323q569

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I am using Mojo HD theme right now and love it, however, I have noticed that my Maps, Camera, and Photos icon hasn't changed nor do they hardly ever with any theme? Does anyone know why this is? The theme has different icons for them and I have nothing installed that is associated with these apps.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
It depends which OS or phone the theme was written for, the iPhone 4 use a different naming convention for the icons adding @2x. The theme also uses a different folder structure depending on iOS 3.x compared to iOS 4.x. If you know how to SSH into your phone then you can change the naming of the icon files. The naming has to be exact as the OS using case and name, the name of the icons are

Camera:
Location: var/stash/Themesxxxx/Theme name/Bundles/com.apple.camera
Icon name: Icon@2x.png

Photos:
Location: var/stash/Themesxxxx/Theme name/Bundles/com.apple.mobileslideshow
Icon name: icon-Photos@2x.png, icon-Photos-72.png. icon@2x.png

Maps:
Location: var/stash/Themesxxxx/Theme name/Bundles/com.apple.Maps
Icon name: icon-72.png, Icon@2x.png

You can see the names of the folders use mixed capitalization as well as the icons. I've learned that the iPad uses icon-72 while the iPhone uses the @2x but sometimes the app uses the -72 icon on the iPhone so it's always good to have both and they are tiny anyway.

Reactions: G323q569

G323q569

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Awesome well thank you very much!
If it wasn't for you Ipheuria I would be lost, you've helped me out so many times!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
LOL no prob man I'm glad to help :D It took me more than a week to figure this out so if I can save someone else the frustration I'm glad to do it.