Ok so I have iphone 3gs on AT&T. I tried jailbroke my phone once (for 4.3.1), following the tutorial on iClarified, and when I finished the jailbreak I couldn't get any service. Being that I needed my phone that day, I reloaded apple's OS. That day happened to be the day 4.3.2 came out.

So now that the untethered JB for 4.3.2 is out, I'm going to try again. What could have caused me to lose service and what can I do to prevent this from happening again?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by rosenstar; 04-20-2011 at 01:51 PM.
    04-19-2011 09:52 PM
    there was a problem with redsn0w and the service. pwnagetool didnt have that problem, just so you know. as far as i know 4.3.2 does not have that problem so you should be good
    04-19-2011 11:14 PM
    there was a problem with redsn0w and the service. pwnagetool didnt have that problem, just so you know. as far as i know 4.3.2 does not have that problem so you should be good
    Awesome! thanks!
    04-19-2011 11:16 PM
    Honestly if it was me since 4.3.2 is relatively new and the untethered JB is even newer I'd give it 2 or 3 days so early adopters will find any potential problems. Then you can do the upgrade once things have settled down. Let us know how it works out?
    04-20-2011 12:43 AM
    Honestly if it was me since 4.3.2 is relatively new and the untethered JB is even newer I'd give it 2 or 3 days so early adopters will find any potential problems. Then you can do the upgrade once things have settled down. Let us know how it works out?
    Ha that would be wise... I dunno haha I am pretty pumped to JB my phone. I think I'm gonna do it later today. Don't worry, when my phone blows up I'll be sure to let everyone here know haha.
    04-20-2011 10:14 AM
    lol have fun, I'm sure it wont blow up but have some duck tape on hand just incase
    04-20-2011 10:39 AM
    BLAHHHHH same problem as last time. No service! Why would this be? I followed this tutorial exactly:

iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3GS Using RedSn0w (Windows) [4.3.2]

The only thing I did differently was I didn't load any of the custom bootlogos.

GRRRRR why can't I get service? I can connect on WiFi.

PLEASE HELP!
    04-20-2011 01:07 PM
    BLAHHHHH same problem as last time. No service! Why would this be? I followed this tutorial exactly:

iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3GS Using RedSn0w (Windows) [4.3.2]

The only thing I did differently was I didn't load any of the custom bootlogos.

GRRRRR why can't I get service? I can connect on WiFi.

PLEASE HELP!
    In the past I've tried the Reset on the Network and although it seemed silly it worked.
    Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings
    Reboot.
    04-20-2011 02:43 PM
    In the past I've tried the Reset on the Network and although it seemed silly it worked.
    Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings
    Reboot.
    Gaahhh didn't work... Thanks anyways.

I've been googling non-stop for the past hour or so. Saw some things saying something to the effect of "you need to open pwnage and uncheck activate b/c the phone is already activated." Does anyone know what this means? The only way I can open pwnage is through itunes when I restore my iphone, but there's no interface, no checkboxes anywhere.

Should I be checking "deactivate" in redsn0w (step 8 in the tutorial)?

Do I need to do something to activate the phone afterwards?

ughhhh so frustratedddddd... as usual all help is appreciated.
    04-20-2011 03:00 PM
    Managed to successfully JB the iphone. I have bars and I have Cydia working.

For those of you who are interested, this time, I chose to check "deactivate" in step 8 of the iClarified tutorials (iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3GS Using RedSn0w (Windows) [4.3.2]). I'm no computer/phone genius, but it seems to me that after the JB you have to "activate" phone. I guess this cannot be done unless it is first "deactivated." That's my theory at least.

Now it's time to catch some z's as my entire music library is put back on my phone.
    04-21-2011 12:49 AM
    I'm glad you got it sorted out and I wish I would have caught this sooner. The term is referring to hacktivation. If your phone is being used on the carrier it is locked to, you're not going to unlock it, then you don't need to have activate checked. If you had an AT&T phone you were trying to run on T-Mo then you would need Activate checked so that the phone would recognzie the SIM after the JB process. So yes you didn't need the option, which you've found out.
    04-21-2011 09:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD