I am sure I'm actually jailbroken, but when I try to run redsnow to install cydia, it always freezes during the "Uploading Ramdisk" part of the install.
    Making Alex sad.
    If you need any info, I'll be quick to reply with it, but I'm not sure what you want me to give you if you do.
    I was jb in 4.2.1 and then upgraded to 4.3.1 the safe way, had cydia installed again after, and an accident with the cydia backup erased all my stuff, and now I can't get cydia back on again.
    04-19-2011 05:05 PM
    I've heard the same thing from someone else. Which version of redsn0w are you using? Your 4.3.1 is stock Apple firmware that you JB after? Why do you think it's already JBen?
    04-19-2011 05:35 PM
    If you are using windows, right click on redsnow, click compatibility, and check windows vista.

That should make it not freeze up.
    04-19-2011 06:51 PM
    If you are using windows, right click on redsnow, click compatibility, and check windows vista.

Check it to run with Windows XP and in Administrator mode.
    04-19-2011 07:53 PM
    It happened to me the first time, when I knew squat about JBing.

Get a fresh copy of the phone.

Go into DFU mode before you update to the firmware.

Open iTunes, and it'll say you must restore before you can continue. Shift click to update.

Set up as new.

Then JB.
    04-19-2011 08:06 PM
    04-19-2011 09:30 PM
    Check it to run with Windows XP and in Administrator mode.
    ^ This worked perfectly for me. Thanks!
    04-20-2011 02:34 PM

That worked! I just got some free time to try it earlier today. Thank you very much.
    04-28-2011 01:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD