AT&T MyWi

avec12

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Has there been any update on this situation?

Has anyone been charged or had their plans changed by AT&T?

Has MyWi or anyone else found a workaround?

Does anyone care? Has everyone continued to tether despite AT&T's threat?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i've been using it like normal and so far so good. until i get the "scare tactic" text or email i will not worry about it

jeffskent

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
I got a formal letter stating that "Our records show that you use this capability, but are not subscribed to our tethering plan." They further stated that if I stopped tethering, nothing would happen. The letter was dated April 6, 2011, and it also stated that if I tethered after April 16, 2011 they would change my unlimited data plan to a DataPro 4GB for Smartphone Tethering - $45 per month(this gives you 4GB in total, combining both your smartphone data plan for $25 and the tethering feature, $20)

I believe the key factor here for me was my latest bill online which shows 34,974.58 MB as of 4-17-2011.

The Cellular Network Data Usage record on my iPhone 3gs shows 18.4 GB sent and 524 GB received. I have never reset the statistics, so I can only assume that this number indicates my total data usage for the past year plus that I have had my iPhone.

Time Warner cable just installed broadband cable in my apartment with 10mbps down, for $29.95 per month, so there should be little need for me to consider tethering in the future, not that I admit to doing so in any event.

avec12

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
So I got 'the email' today from AT&T. I called them livid because I DONT TETHER. I really dont. I wanted them to give me at least the time and date when I was allegedly tethering and they couldnt provide.

The rep told me sometimes sim swapping will cause a flagging of the account. Also, he mentioned high data usage might have caused it and when I pressed him on this, he said no it was not possible.

So, the question is, if you really dont tether, why would you receive this email/text from them and what does it mean? I told the rep how in the hell I was supposed to stop doing something I wasnt doing? No answer.

2 observations:

1) Last month was the first month ever I think I went above 5Gigs

2)Could My3G have anything to do with the flagging of the account?

The Mo

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm using as usual also, although I just started a few days ago. Already went with a WiFi-only iPad 2 so I'll be damned if I let AT&T ruin my fun here.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner