04-18-2011 08:23 PM
    I love that moment of silence while everyone is backing up their phone, upgrading to the new os, restoring, and jailbreaking. haha.

Radio silence.
    04-18-2011 09:27 PM
    Careful iPhone 4 users dev team said to wait

iPhone3GS
    iPhone4 (GSM) iPhone4 users please wait for a pending fix
    iPod touch 3G
    iPod touch 4G
    iPad1

not sure really what the means. Im waiting until the dust settles
    04-18-2011 10:31 PM
    this is why waiting is always a good thing.. i HAD 4.3.2 until it completely f**ked up my emails

i will be staying with 4.3.1 for a long time
    04-18-2011 10:44 PM
    I just lost three hours of my night upgrading before I saw the "oh, wait! not for iPhone 4 yet!" message. Then I thought I'd try a tethered jailbreak .. yeah, not. I'm now restoring for the second time tonight.
    websyndicate likes this.
    04-18-2011 11:02 PM
    hey...ummm im having a bit of a problem with my jailbreak for ipod touch 4g....the upload of ramdisk seems to get stuck on a certain level ....anyone has a solution for this?

EDIT:the default checked options r show battery %...i unchecked that which means onli the install cydia option was checked....this seemed toclick....yayy
    Last edited by freakshow; 04-19-2011 at 04:52 AM. Reason: prob solved
    04-19-2011 04:48 AM
    the update for iPhone 4 is out...redsn0w 0.9.6rc14 and it has been confirmed by MuscleNerd through this tweet Twitter / MuscleNerd: The latest redsn0w include ...
    BEWARE: for unlockers, wait for pwnagetool to preserve your baseband and not lose your unlock.
    04-19-2011 05:58 AM
    this is why waiting is always a good thing.. i HAD 4.3.2 until it completely f**ked up my emails

i will be staying with 4.3.1 for a long time
    what happened with the emails?
    04-19-2011 02:40 PM
    Did my AT&T iPhone 4 early yesterday. All is well!
    04-20-2011 07:43 AM
    You guys really upgraded? this is such a small update and it has nothing but bug fixes. I will not be updating at all, I usually wait about a week after the JB tools have been released unless it's Pwnage Tool which usually comes along later anyways. This time though I will wait until 4.3.3 or 4.4 I have none of the problems that this fixes and it's just too much to put my phone back after the process. I'll pass on this one
    04-20-2011 08:28 AM
    You guys really upgraded? this is such a small update and it has nothing but bug fixes. I will not be updating at all, I usually wait about a week after the JB tools have been released unless it's Pwnage Tool which usually comes along later anyways. This time though I will wait until 4.3.3 or 4.4 I have none of the problems that this fixes and it's just too much to put my phone back after the process. I'll pass on this one
    Im still rocking 4.2.1 as I prefer that OS but my wife upgraded to 4.3.2 from 4.3.1 and it definately fixed some issues for her.
    04-20-2011 12:11 PM
    I understand if it fixes issues all the better. I just know there are some folks who have a nice setup and then upgrade because it's newer. In that case I don't think it's worth it for such a small upgrade IMO.
    04-20-2011 12:24 PM
    I understand if it fixes issues all the better. I just know there are some folks who have a nice setup and then upgrade because it's newer. In that case I don't think it's worth it for such a small upgrade IMO.
    I'm going to try this JB with RedsnOw, and see what happens. One question. Do i need to have the internet (safari) open when i JB? Thanks.
    04-20-2011 12:58 PM
    Its not such a small update when it fixes key bugs people are having. Trust me, my wife is a much happy camper with 4.3.2 than previous. Not everybody uses their phone the same way as you so you may not experience those same issues.
    04-20-2011 01:09 PM
    My 3gs battery is nearly dead.... it lasts 3 hours. I need to get a 4.3.2 jailbreak ASAP because if I get a replacement 3GS under AppleCare, they sure as hell won't give me it back with 4.3.1 installed. You know these people.
    04-20-2011 01:49 PM
    Slightly off Topic, but why can't either Apple or someone in the JB community develop a way to backup everything and all the settings in an iPhone or iPad? Whe. I restore, I want to restore all the apps in the same locations and all the folders so that these version upgrades aren't such a royal pain. These seems like such an obvious feature that Apple should offer.
    04-20-2011 04:01 PM
    I'm going to try this JB with RedsnOw, and see what happens. One question. Do i need to have the internet (safari) open when i JB? Thanks.
    No Safari doesn't have to be open.

Apple does have a solution for their apps, iTunes. They aren't going to support backing up JB apps because they don't support JB. There are a few JB apps that do backup the JB apps I just have never used them so can't comment on how good they work.
    04-20-2011 05:34 PM
    Slightly off Topic, but why can't either Apple or someone in the JB community develop a way to backup everything and all the settings in an iPhone or iPad? Whe. I restore, I want to restore all the apps in the same locations and all the folders so that these version upgrades aren't such a royal pain. These seems like such an obvious feature that Apple should offer.
    Completely agreed. BB does a great job of this, even selective backups and restores of data as well.
    04-20-2011 05:55 PM
    No Safari doesn't have to be open.

Apple does have a solution for their apps, iTunes. They aren't going to support backing up JB apps because they don't support JB. There are a few JB apps that do backup the JB apps I just have never used them so can't comment on how good they work.
    AptBackup was supposed to do this and it didn't work well for me at all unfortunately.
    04-20-2011 05:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD