phone stuck on silver apple logo

avmsam

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
i have iphone4 rogers 4.3.2 i just jailbroke it. i then tried downloading my3g. it worked and asked to reboot however upon reboot its stuck on silver apple logo screen. what can i do? is this common?

avmsam

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
i hard reset didn't work so i plugged into itunes and reboot into DFU mode. then itunes recognized it and asked it i wanted to restore to factory. i did and it worked then i restored my most recent backup file. good thing i had a backup file or else i woulda lost all my apps and settings.

avmsam

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
ohh..... doing the retore to factory itunes removes jailbreak. so after all that i jailbroke it again.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like you jb'ed with the tethered jailbreak?with that, you need to connect to your computer every time you reboot. There us an untethered jb out for 4.3.2 now?I'd suggest using that.

Reactions: avmsam

avmsam

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
4.3.2 has an untethered one now? i wasn't able to find anything about untethered for 4.3.2 if you have link for it, please share it with me.

so with a tethered jailbreak, every time i do a hard reboot i have to reconnect to computer (itunes)? i did not know that.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
No sweat...tethered isn't really as bad as people make it out (at least once you get past the initial Cydia setups) but I'd definitely go for the untethered once it's stable, just for the sake of convenience and peace of mind. If you're really concerned, you can always put the necessary files on a flash drive to keep with you in case you need to reboot on the go...

avmsam

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
i'll definitely wait for untethered. its not worth having an unexpected reboot while im away from a computer, which that renders my phone useless till i can get back to computer.