Jailbreak 3GS 4.3 firmware tethered?

hale93

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Hi I have been reading a lot of post in the forums and I could not see any other post about this problem sorry if I could not find anything about this subject. I am using redsnow 0.6rc9 for windows and I have firmware 4.3 on the Iphone 3GS. Ok I have jailbroken the device that is not the problem it works perfectly fine, but when I turn the device off and turn it back on it is stuck on the apple logo and I have to tether the device again and open redsnow to boot tethered over again.
Does this ever happen to anyone else? What am I doing wrong? I jailbroken only a couple of devices before so I am a noob to this. I have jailbroken my brothers Iphone 4 with the same redsnow, but different firmware of course and his phone works fine and its untethered. So I want this Iphone 3GS to be tethered that is all, if you could please help it would be so helpful please its so frustrating thank you for your time in reading this thread.

phinx404

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
yes it will happen every time. thats what a tethered jailbreak is. there is also an untethered jailbreak for 4.3.1 so if you update to that NOT 4.3.2. google looking for the ipsw for iphone 3gs 4.3.1 and force itunes to upgrade to that version and then jailbreak it with latest resn0w. then you can reboot all you like without having to tether book it. hope that helps a little.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Yeah like PhinX said it matters what version of 4.3 you're running so go into Settings - General - About and look for the version of software 4.3.1 or 4.3.2? If you're still on 4.3.1 JB with the redsn0w for that version. If you're on 4.3.2 you can use Pwnage Tool with bundles.

hale93

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Ok thank you very much for your help. So just to be clear I should upgrade my iphone to 4.3.1 firmware because it says I am on 4.3, then jailbreak it again? 4.3.2 update isn't out yet right? Can I update my iphone without getting the 4.3.2 firmware? Thank you guys for all ur help again let me know about those questions if you can.

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Ok thank you very much for your help. So just to be clear I should upgrade my iphone to 4.3.1 firmware because it says I am on 4.3, then jailbreak it again? 4.3.2 update isn't out yet right? Can I update my iphone without getting the 4.3.2 firmware? Thank you guys for all ur help again let me know about those questions if you can.

You can't downgrade to 4.3.1 unless you saved your shsh blobs with tiny umbrella. Reason is because since 4.3.2 is out apple is not signing 4.3.1 anymore.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
The 4.3.2 update is out so don't do the upgrade through iTunes. You have 4.3? You need to download the 4.3.1 firmware, get it on iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials under tutorials, iPhone, Basics. Then put your phone in DFU mode and then do a Shift(Windows) or Option(Mac) plus restore in iTunes. Then point to the 4.3.1 firmware. If it wont load shoot me a PM and I can make you a custom ipsw with Pwnage Tool.

hale93

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Ok will do thanks people for all your help you guys the bomb keep up the great work you guys do you guys are real informative thanks again.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73