I have PkgBackup from Cydia installed on my iPhone4, and i was wondering if it will work as i hope it will. For this new jailbreak, after i back-up my phone in iTunes, i download new ios with iTunes, then jailbreak. After that i open Cydia, and add PkgBackup, then i hit "restore" in PkgBackup(while phone is still plugged into Mac) and hopefully everything that i had in Cydia will reappear in my phone. If i'm wrong, than i need some step by step help. Just to play it safe, i've written down everything that i have in Cydia. By the way, does anybody know anything about "tinyumbrella"? My neighbor said that his son used it on his iPhone, but the kid lives in SoCal, and i'm here in Fla. Thanks in advance for any help.
    04-15-2011 01:03 PM
    Tiny umbrella is to save your SHSH blobs locally. It does the same thing Cydia does when you request to save your SHSH blobs just locally. This is the method for 4.2 blobs but I don't think it's much different for 4.3 or other versions.

Save SHSH blobs for iOS 4.2.1 with TinyUmbrella | iPhoneHeat
    04-15-2011 02:05 PM
    i send that. i run it on all my devices for each update so i can go back. that way when i upgraded me ipad2 if a JB comes for 4.3.1 then i can go back to it and do it! =)
    04-15-2011 02:16 PM
    O.K. So my original post was correct. After jailbreaking, i download Pkgbackup through Cydia, plug in my phone, and hit "restore" on the opened Pkgbackup app, and everything will return to my phone just as i had left it before the new ios upgrade.
    04-15-2011 02:48 PM
    Tiny umbrella is to save your SHSH blobs locally. It does the same thing Cydia does when you request to save your SHSH blobs just locally. This is the method for 4.2 blobs but I don't think it's much different for 4.3 or other versions.

Save SHSH blobs for iOS 4.2.1 with TinyUmbrella | iPhoneHeat
    Tried downloading it, but all i got was the icon on my desktop.
    04-15-2011 03:01 PM
    the program or your blobs ended up on your desktop? I've never used TinyUmbrella I just know of it.
    04-15-2011 03:40 PM
    Isn't that version old?

Go here for the download.

The Firmware Umbrella - TinyUmbrella

It's on the right hand side.

I know for PC, it's an executable file, meaning you run it whenever you need it. It's not an installed program.

For Mac, it's a .pkg... whatever that is. Can't comment on that.
    04-15-2011 04:24 PM
    On Mac you download it then you run it to install and then you run TinyUmbrella from your Applications. I gave an old link so it may be an old version and that's why it doesn't work?
    04-15-2011 04:33 PM
    On Mac you download it then you run it to install and then you run TinyUmbrella from your Applications. I gave an old link so it may be an old version and that's why it doesn't work?
    I'm going to forget tinyumbrella. If i'm right about PkgBackup, i won't need it. If not, then i'll jailbreak and manually re-install my back-ups one at a time. Takes a while, but it beats making a mistake and screwing everything up. I still wish this latest jailbreak was done by GreenpoisOn!
    04-15-2011 09:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD