I just JB and unlocked a 3G and put the T-mobile sim card from my 2G in the 3G and it doesn't recognize the sim card. I upgraded to the iPad baseband, which I verified is now on the 3G, and have 4.2.1. I noticed that the AT&T sim card in the 3G is a little different than the one out of my 2G.

Do I need a different sim card for the 3G? or are there some other settings that I need to change for it to work with my T Mobile sim card??
    04-13-2011 12:26 AM
    You JB with the iPad baseband have you installed Ultrasn0w? I didn't have to do anything different with my SIM when I went from my 2G to 3G. So it more sounds like the unlock hasn't been done. Have you tried rebooting the phone?
    04-13-2011 02:00 PM
    I forgot to install UltraSnow....and now when I install it, it never appears as an app on my phone. It's not there. I've tried installing it twice? Any suggestions for that?
    04-13-2011 02:03 PM
    ultrasnow doesn't show up as an app you just install it and reboot and your phone is unlocked. So check in Cydia under Manage and it should be listed under the installed apps. If it is then your phone should be unlocked. Just to test it go and check your baseband to make sure your phone has the 6.15 baseband.
    04-14-2011 05:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD