I am losing all sound since upgrading and jailbreaking. Several soft and full resets take care of it, but its quite aggrivating. any idea what the cause is, is there a fix? Am i the only one with the problem?
    04-10-2011 08:11 PM
    Haven't had that problem. Could it have been a jb app you downloaded? Not all are updated yet. If nothing else you can do what I've done and just restore/re-jailbreak.
    04-10-2011 09:18 PM
    I did that after the first time it happened, more because they update the JB, but also to see if it would happen again. Took a cpl days but it did. I haven't gone too crazy with JB apps yet so I don't know.
    04-10-2011 09:23 PM
    Ok now ive completely lost sound, a million starts wont fix it. Its also taking much longer to reboot now as well. I restored it and left it pure and still nothing. I dont see how a hardware issue could cause a loss of sound for everything (ear speaker, headphone jack, loudspeaker, and microphone)
    04-14-2011 10:59 PM
    A hardware issue could cause a loss of sound because the sound is all connected. This is obviously not a JB issue since you're on OEM firmware and still don't have sound. So if it's still under warranty take it in to Apple. Even if it's not under warranty take it in, I was having problems with my 3G and it turned out to be lint in the headphone jack. They cleaned it out and I was good to go.
    04-14-2011 11:16 PM
    Im pretty sure ive voided the warantee by now. Ive had it apart to replace the dock connector. How long is the warantee anyways? Ive had it for about 18 months now.
    04-14-2011 11:20 PM
    I beleive it's one year, you can check just go to the Apple site and somewhere you can type in the serial and it will tell you if there is any warranty on it. Well GL it might still be worth it to take it in and have them take a look at it.
    04-14-2011 11:24 PM
    thanks man
    04-14-2011 11:28 PM
    ok new circumstances. now i have earpiece sound. i dont know about headphones yet, im at work, have to check my car later to see if i have any in there. man this is weird. ear piece did not work pre restore to un jailbroken OS
    04-14-2011 11:35 PM
    I have a 3GS and its jailbroken on 4.3.1 and I am not having any problems at all
    04-14-2011 11:58 PM
    You should take it in I had similar problems with ound that tuned out to be lint in the headphone jack.
    04-15-2011 06:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD