Bricked iphone, help!

ssddttaa

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Today, my brother wanted to know how to restore his iPhone, because he couldn't tether it to iTunes to restore it. I suggested to help him by suggesting that he should click "restore all settings". Now his iPhone is stuck at the screen right after the apple logo shows up, that shows a lot of random letters and code.

entronp

May 30, 2010
Visit site
well if its a 2g or 3g or 3gs then just restore its software on itunes, as long as you dont have the ipad baseband. If you do, you ccan only put 4.1 o lowe on it and you have to set you hosts file to point to cydia, you can google that fo how to.

If you have iphone 4 you can also use the hosts file tick, just make sure you dont restore to a higher software version than you had. you also need to ahve the software version u want download to your computer.

Today, my brother wanted to know how to restore his iPhone, because he couldn't tether it to iTunes to restore it. I suggested to help him by suggesting that he should click "restore all settings". Now his iPhone is stuck at the screen right after the apple logo shows up, that shows a lot of random letters and code.

iRandom

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
From the description given, I would recommend restoring it or bringing it into an Apple store if the phone hasn't been jailbroken.

Snownation

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Is there a reason why the tether doesn't work for him?

The normal way to fix any related iPhone problems is via the restore option in iTunes, and to do that you need the tether.

Wouldn't be a better idea to find the underlying problem of why it won't tether instead?

ssddttaa

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
It wont tether

The place where he would normally tether his iphone to his computer is all mangled, and so his phone is not recognized by any computer. Yes, his iPhone is jailbroken.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro