I just recently helped my friend jailbreak his ipod 3g. I was originally going to jailbreak on an earlier firmware, however, he was stupid and updated it 4.3.1. I have no idea how we were able to get it jailbroken, but we did using redsn0w. I'm setting it up for him and getting it so he doesnt break it and when i plug it into itunes it wants to set up a new ipod or restore. is it okay to set it up as a new ipod or will it wipe out the jailbreak? i kinda need to know soon
    04-10-2011 01:24 PM
    I just recently helped my friend jailbreak his ipod 3g. I was originally going to jailbreak on an earlier firmware, however, he was stupid and updated it 4.3.1. I have no idea how we were able to get it jailbroken, but we did using redsn0w. I'm setting it up for him and getting it so he doesnt break it and when i plug it into itunes it wants to set up a new ipod or restore. is it okay to set it up as a new ipod or will it wipe out the jailbreak? i kinda need to know soon
    Set up as new is fine.

What erases the jailbreak is restoring the firmware (not restoring from backup, that's different and probably the second option you're talking about).
    04-10-2011 01:41 PM
    thanks so much
    04-10-2011 02:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD