Is there a jailbreak app or tweak that can block the sound and vibration of ONLY the default SMS app. Because I'm in a group SMS/MMS and I have the popup notifications blocked but I want to also block the sounds and vibrations of the group SMS/MMS. Thanks in advance.
    04-08-2011 09:46 PM
    I use Vibrafications to set the number of vibrations and length for my mail and sms.

I just checked and you can set the vibrations to zero and ringtone to none, so that should do the trick for you. There might be something better out there, but I don't know of them.
    alpinestars1z likes this.
    04-09-2011 10:21 AM
    I use Vibrafications to set the number of vibrations and length for my mail and sms.

I just checked and you can set the vibrations to zero and ringtone to none, so that should do the trick for you. There might be something better out there, but I don't know of them.
    Oh ok. Thanks a lot. I'm going to try that right now.
    04-09-2011 11:52 AM
    I saw this post and actually went to go try it and I'm liking it so far. I'm not a custom ringtone person, but I definitely missed the ability to tweak the vibrate settings (like I was able to with my BlackBerry).
    04-10-2011 12:06 AM
    Does this work particularly for group MMS? Because I would not want to purchase it and it is not be effective for what I would need it for. Thanks in advance.
    05-20-2011 01:31 PM
    silentSMS

Cydia Search | Package | com.modmyi.silentsms

Privately SMS without Silent Switch! Want to simply SMS in private without having to silence all system sounds and alerts? Here is the answer, with silentSMS all sounds assoicated with ONLY SMS funtions are muted, leaving all other iDevice System Sounds unchanged. Also included is the option for silent lock and unlock (in case your SMS application requires an unlock to read/respond). For complete privacy shut off keyboard clicks via Settings. For use with Winterboard.
    i actually saw this in the Cydia changes yesterday. not sure if this exactly what you are looking for but it might be worth a try and or email the Dev with any technical questions
    frozinwater likes this.
    05-20-2011 01:40 PM
    Popupblocker i realize does not block the pop up of the group mms's when you are in the lockscreen neither thanks blink, but this app just blocks the sound, the phone still vibrates and the pop up still comes up. Ideally, I'm looking for a tweak that will still give me the number badges on my bitesms app for the group mms, but I want to diasble the popup notification for them as well as the sound and vibration. Is that anyway possible? Thanks a lot for the help.
    05-20-2011 01:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD