Jailbreaked Verizon 4.2.6 - white Cydia app

keithroby

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
..And it won't load. I can't uninstall it either.

Should I just re-jailbreak? It appeared all went well, but for some reason the Cydia app is white.

Any ideas?

Thanks

keith

mededitor

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site

keithroby

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
actually, what i did was restore my phone via iTunes, did NOT update my phone's internals via iTunes at prompt (i forget what it was, but sounded pretty technical), and then re JB'd. it worked! Cydia installed. i think my phone had gone to sleep during the initial Cydia install, and that was what went wrong. i'm now downloading biteSMS, so that a man can have some privacy in his messaging!

thanks a bunch -
keith

Alveezy

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
actually, what i did was restore my phone via iTunes, did NOT update my phone's internals via iTunes at prompt (i forget what it was, but sounded pretty technical), and then re JB'd. it worked! Cydia installed. i think my phone had gone to sleep during the initial Cydia install, and that was what went wrong. i'm now downloading biteSMS, so that a man can have some privacy in his messaging!

thanks a bunch -
keith

warning to all future jailbreakers...set your autolock to never, when you're downloading something. especially when installing Cydia.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Also adding to Alveezy with iOS 4 Cydia can stay in the background downloading and installing the apps when you find them not responsive. So either clear the que, quit Cydia from the Task Manager before doing a reboot or going somewhere where you will break your internet connection. If the installation is interrupted it can seriously screw the phone.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods