BiteSMS + Lockinfo

Valaire

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

I am new to JB and had a quick question:

When I receive an SMS, biteSMS correctly launches on my lock screen, but when I select 'reply' it opens up a quickreply box, but then quickly whisks me away to the biteSMS program instead of letting me write my reply in that window. I assumed this was a default setting (but did check settings to no avail) and am wondering if this is a bug or something I'm missing?

I have a full license for both biteSMS and Lockinfo.

Thank you!

Valaire

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi Blink,

I just got a txt while I was looking for it and can confirm that BiteSMS quick reply works fine outside of LockInfo.

Just to verify, I have LockInfo and LockInfo cydget installed, and I am using the Away View cydget to show Lockinfo. Just in case this is part of the problem. The awayview cydget seems to work fine with lockinfo though as far as I can tell (I can make calls and interact and stuff). Should I remove Lockinfo Cydget since I'm not using it, or do I need it as a dependency to make AwayView work?

Thanks!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
lets try removing the cydget for now, until this is resolved, and then you can add it back later.. there has been an update for LockInfo recently 3.0.2.8, go get it

then make sure to set up as follows:

Settings>LockInfo>Plugins>SMS>Tap to Reply>biteSMS QuickReply

if i read your first post correctly i believe this should resolve that issue, if not please come back and i will help. either way let me know :)

Valaire

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, I don't see updates to stuff in the Cydia store unless I actually go click on the project's page? Is that normal (i.e. am I spoiled by the app store :))?

I just upgraded and removed the Lockinfo cydget, Lockinfo still works, and now everything works. :)

Man I love JB. Took me 1 day and about $15 and I have my dream version of iOS. :)

anon(5335877)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, I don't see updates to stuff in the Cydia store unless I actually go click on the project's page? Is that normal (i.e. am I spoiled by the app store :))?

Updates usually show up under the changes tab. And I believe you have to go into Cydia every one in a awhile to check for updates. The updates aren't pushed with badge notifications like how the app store does it.

Valaire

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Nice, I will have to check that out. Right now I am using:

LockInfo
Cydialer (rotates with Lockinfo on Lockscreen, haven't decided whether to use Lockinfo for favs)
BiteSMS
GV SMS Extension
GV Voice Extension
5 Icon Dock
Voice Activator
Cyntacts
Syncontacts (can't seem to get this to work yet (FB) but hey it's free)
SnapTap

I came to JB because I was bored waiting for iphone5, from 3gs, and wanted tighter integration with GV, which works great now. With Lockinfo and the rest I feel like I have the best of Android in here.

Only damn thing that I can't do is get around Google's long-standing issue with low-res contact photos if you use Google Sync for contacts which I do. Ever since I've had an iPhone, I get a tiny ass picture in my caller ID even if I take a picture and store it on my phone. :( No fix in sight by Google, and I'm too lazy to switch from Google contacts because I'm heavily invested in the Google ecosystem.

I really love Lockinfo and I can see how it is going to make me far more productive with my iPhone. I can get in and out of my phone to interact with new information in about 10% of the time and it is 300% more awesome.

Valaire

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Okay unfortunately it is doing it again.

1. When I hit "reply" to an SMS on my lockscreen, the window pops up, as soon as I touch any keyboard button I get dumped to biteSMS app. I have tried it with Lockinfo set to "biteSMS" and "biteSMS quickreply".

2. I sometimes get a caller id of "00000" for people from biteSMS, even people that are already in the history correctly labelled from the same number, it will make 2 entries for them. Don't know pattern yet, have to experience it more.

Thanks in advance,
Chad

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I was having this same problem and after uninstalling Cydget and Cydialer all is back to normal. I also have LockInfo installed so pretty sure it was either Cydget or Cydialer causing the problem...

Reactions: Valaire

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problem as Valaire. I don't have Cydget or Cydialer, but i do have Lockinfo & BiteSMS. I can't reply with BiteSMS. I really love Lockinfo, so the obvious solution was to dump BiteSMS. I did, and now everything works fine. I'd rather use the texting method provided by the iPhone, than lose Lockinfo. :p

Valaire

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I got it working OK so I'll bet Blink or someone else can help you get this combinaton working because it is quite awesome and popular.

As Blink mentioned, make sure you go into Settings --> Lockinfo ---> Plugins ---> SMS

Go all the way down to 'Tap to Reply' and make sure you choose 'biteSMS quickreply'.

Reactions: anon(631531)

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I got it working OK so I'll bet Blink or someone else can help you get this combinaton working because it is quite awesome and popular.

As Blink mentioned, make sure you go into Settings --> Lockinfo ---> Plugins ---> SMS

Go all the way down to 'Tap to Reply' and make sure you choose 'biteSMS quickreply'.

I did all that and it still didn't work. I guess i just have a low tolerance for BS. Anyway, BiteSMS can BiteME. :p

Valaire

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
When it's working, I really like biteSMS, so keep on trucking! :)

You said it does the exact same thing as me? I.e. when you get a bitesms message in lockscreen, and you hit 'reply' and start typing, it dumps you to the biteSMS app?

The combination of setting the quickreply correctly and uninstalling LockInfo cydget, Cydget, and Cydialer fixed it for me completely. I also had a paid license already at that point, not sure what their trial period allows to do (or not do).

Maybe blink has more insights than I do.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Another option is just to do what I do: use Bite, but don't connect it to Lockinfo. I just don't use the SMS plugin at all; I'd rather just use Bite.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Massie is right, some people use bite separate from LI

assuming you guys have QuickReply set up correctly:

[Settings>Lockinfo>Plugins>SMS>Tap to Reply>(biteSMS or biteSMS QuickReply)

you may want to check your bite settings [biteSMS>Settings>Default Send Method>via Mobile Carrier)

BiteSMS & LockInfo can and do work great together and i am willing to help anyone that needs it :)

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
you may want to check your bite settings [biteSMS>Settings>Default Send Method>via Mobile Carrier)

If I remember the default was set to Carrier Plan Rules and BiteSMS did not work for me so for whatever reason this is a critical setting...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR