I am having an issue with the initial loading of apps taking 8 to 10 seconds to start. The apps splash screen appears immediately and my phone overall is very responsive. Once I load the app and it is in the background, re-loading it is very fast... but if I kill the app or reboot the phone, the first time load is painfully slow.

I started noticing this while my phone was running a Jailbroken 4.2.1 (iPhone4). I was really hoping that when JB 4.3.1 came out that re-jailbreaking my phone would correct this issue, but it has not. I realize now that there must be some app or Cydia tweak that is not compatible, but I have removed all Cydia tweaks/apps other than those that a friend of mine is running without any issues... but still the problem persists. So now I am wondering if I have carried over some for of corruption.

While I have not done a complete from scratch rebuild, I have done a IOS reload and restored my iTunes app using the iTunes restore.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? If so, were you able to resolve it?

Thanks,
    Mike
    04-07-2011 09:55 AM
    which apps exhibit the problem? all apps, JB apps only. Since your 4.2 JB have you run OEM firmware or did you go right to 4.3 JB? I would remove all the tweaks regardless of the fact that they run fine on your friends phone. You could try redoing the JB and restoring from your backup you should get a clean JB without the tweaks. Then test it out without doing any tweaks at all, then do your tweaks and see what happens. What is the free space like on your phone? What method did you use to JB?
    04-07-2011 10:41 AM
    As afar as I can tell it is any app (even some of the base apps; like Phone). I do not really have any Cydia JB'ed apps (i.e. something to launch) to say if this is affecting them as well since mostly what I have installed from Cydia are tweaks. The delay can be anywhere from 5 to 12 seconds (but averages 8).

I JB'ed right way on both 4.2.1 and 4.3.1, so nothing that base it on for comparison purposes... other than I had originally JB'ed 4.1 and that (as far as I can recall) did not have this problem.

I used Redsn0w for the JB top 4.3.1, and I used Greenois0n for JB to 4.2. Also, my original JB under 4.1 was using L1merain.

I currently have about 8.5GB free disk space on my phone, and my free RAM is around 280MB.

I am hoping that someone else has experienced this issue and found a solution that does not involved a complete rebuild. If a rebuild is the only way, I certainly understand that but since it is such a slow and tedious process and there is no guarantee that this is not due to corruption of some sort in that big "Other" data category/partition that iTunes reports when I do a restore, I was hoping to find the root cause.

I have only found 1 other post that described my problem exactly, but no solution was posted. It was on this same forum titled "202557-apps-loading-slow" (sorry... can't post URLs yet).

Any help is of course very appreciated.

Mike
    04-07-2011 01:13 PM
    What I would try is, if you're not unlocked restore the firmware and choose restore from backup. Then use the stock firmware and see if you have the delay. The phone will be exactly the same except your JB tweaks will be gone. You can also redo your JB and don't install any of the tweaks and see how the phone behaves then as you apply your tweaks see which one gives you the lag. Can you list your tweaks? maybe I can suggest some obvious ones you can try disabling them an see if there is any difference.
    04-07-2011 02:33 PM
    I had that problem before i just delete iacess that is what was causing the problem for me. Once i deleted it no more lag.
    04-07-2011 11:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD