Questions

CM07451

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I know these have probably been answered before so I apologize in advance.

I have an Iphone 4 32GB which is unlocked from Apple (Purchased from Apple)

1. Is this phone safe to Jailbreak?
2. Can I use iTunes normally?
3. Will I still be able to use my device on my companies exchange server?
4. When (If) Apple ever releases features that I will be jail breaking for can i simply just hit restore and move on fully functional?
5. Will my phone be slow, glitchy or unstable after jail breaking?
6. Will my batteries performance be effected drastically?

Thank you so much for everyones answers.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I know these have probably been answered before so I apologize in advance.

I have an Iphone 4 32GB which is unlocked from Apple (Purchased from Apple)

1. Is this phone safe to Jailbreak?
2. Can I use iTunes normally?
3. Will I still be able to use my device on my companies exchange server?
4. When (If) Apple ever releases features that I will be jail breaking for can i simply just hit restore and move on fully functional?
5. Will my phone be slow, glitchy or unstable after jail breaking?
6. Will my batteries performance be AFfected drastically?

Thank you so much for everyones answers.

1. Yes
2, Yes, just don't do any updates that iTunes suggests
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. It's possible - depends on what items you install and where you get them. In general terms, probably not.
6. It's possible - depends on what items you install. Some of the tethering apps will eat your whole battery in one sitting.

CM07451

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
1. Yes
2, Yes, just don't do any updates that iTunes suggests
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. It's possible - depends on what items you install and where you get them. In general terms, probably not.
6. It's possible - depends on what items you install. Some of the tethering apps will eat your whole battery in one sitting.

I probably wont be using any tethering apps. But in terms of updating on iTunes. Is it safe to perform application updates and downloads such ass apps, songs and podcasts?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Hank has pretty much answered all your questions. I've got a unlocked phone and when the phone is Jailbroken you have more possibilities. You can do everything a stock vanilla iPhone can do. You can do all the app updates and carrier updates. You should not do the firmware updates this will remove the JB and you will have to wait until a tool is released for that firmware version.

CM07451

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Firmware

So i am reading the post on how to jailbreak, I pretty much understand everything except for downloading the firmware for your device. My device is Apple unlocked in canada.

Which firmware do i download, i am so lost.

Thank you

anon(5335877)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
So i am reading the post on how to jailbreak, I pretty much understand everything except for downloading the firmware for your device. My device is Apple unlocked in canada.

Which firmware do i download, i am so lost.

Thank you

Jailbreaking what firmware version, 4.3.1? And using what tool, redsn0w I assume?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
the firmware is the version you need so you would look for 4.3 and if you're in Canada you have a GSM phone. Now that there is a GSM and CDMA version in the states there are two firmware files. However the CDMA is not on 4.3 anyway so there is only one choice. I would just go to iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials go to the tutorials, iPhone, Jailbreak and look for your method and firmware the tutorial will have links to the firmware and tools you need.

CM07451

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Woohoo! I'm jailbroken!

This is amazing! but now i have questions,

I installed Notified but I cant find its settings,

Also is there a way to make LockInfo auto expand a section it has a notification for?

Thank you

CM07451

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I love my phone jailbroken! so much more advanced this way, Keep up Apple!

The last thing I would like my phone to do is make me breakfast....No just kidding. Any way to change the sound it makes when i get email? and possibly repeat it if i don't respond?

Thanks again!

ca_dreamer

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
I have related questions; hope it's ok to post here.
After I jailbreak and install Cydia apps, if I then restore through iTunes, what happens to the Cydia apps.
If i re-jailbreak, will I need to download and install those apps again?
Thanks.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner