What do you do?

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
So I have a JB 4.2.1 iphone 4 and love it! I have all the coolest tweaks and apps, but I have sooooo many of them I just can't keep track! So if I wanted to update to 4.3 what program could I use to restore all of the perks and backgrounds/sounds after i update and re-JB? Or would I have to go thru and re-download and alter everything again? Even worth updating to 4.3? and also I used pkgbkup once and was unsuccsesful and now I have a stupid group in my address book that just freezes when I click on it....thanks for any help in advance~Chris

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Is it theming kind of tweaks or apps? If it's theming stuff you can SSH into your phone and backup the /var/stash/Themes folder onto your computer then just upload it back to your phone after you're back on JB. If it's apps then there is a possibility of using a few apps that have been recommended here search for appbackup. You could also login in Cydia with Google or Facebook I think and it will keep track of your purchases and allow you to reinstall them.

What if you removed the contact from your address book on the computer then did a sync wouldn't it remove it from the phone?

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Is it theming kind of tweaks or apps? If it's theming stuff you can SSH into your phone and backup the /var/stash/Themes folder onto your computer then just upload it back to your phone after you're back on JB. If it's apps then there is a possibility of using a few apps that have been recommended here search for appbackup. You could also login in Cydia with Google or Facebook I think and it will keep track of your purchases and allow you to reinstall them.

What if you removed the contact from your address book on the computer then did a sync wouldn't it remove it from the phone?

Hmm I never thought of removing it from my address book on my computer. How do you do that? thru itunes? Also it is a bunch of theming stuff that I would like to restore after JB to 4.3 how can i make a copy of that? do i need another program installed onto my desktop to be able to pull it from the root directory of the iphone?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
If someone hasn't answered you later I'll post up some info for you. In the meantime do a search for my username or OpenSSH I've put up a couple of posts about SSHing into your phone. This is how you would backup the themes to your computer.