Post jailbreak 4.3.1, iPhone boots in to safemode

KBug

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
I have jailbroken my iPhone 4 to 4.3.1 and now everytime I launch Cydia, iPhone boots into safe mode. Is there any fix for this as I don't see any point in jailbreaking if iPhone keeps booting into safe mode

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
restore as new. re-jailbreak

this method has solved A LOT of issues for me.. try it, couldn't hurt

sadlybrokeboy

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Yep - I had the same issues and the only answer is to restore as new phone and then re-jailbreak.

Fixed all the substrate and cydia crashes in one go.

Cheers,

Matt

KBug

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
What do you mean when you say 'restore as new and re-jailbreak' ??
Do I have to restore with iTunes to the Apple's 4.3.1 FW and then restore again with a jailbroken FW ??

Edharv1

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Yes. this worked for me mine is working great now. You must restore your phone to original settings in itunes, then re-jailbreak.

sadlybrokeboy

May 21, 2009
Visit site
What do you mean when you say 'restore as new and re-jailbreak' ??
Do I have to restore with iTunes to the Apple's 4.3.1 FW and then restore again with a jailbroken FW ??

Yep - that's exactly it - but when the firmware update is restored - don't try and restore you're old back up :)

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
If you are using a custom firmware made in pwnage tool you don't need to restore since you are reloading the firmware anyway. You just put your device into DFU mode and reload using the ipsw you created. You might try creating a new ipsw in pwnage tool or as a last resort setup the phone as new after loading the firmware. If you setup as new you will lose some info so make sure you know what you will lose and have synced most things to your computer.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner