Redsn0W iOS 4.3.1 Jailbreak is out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Son of a *****, now I'm getting iTunes error code 1013, tried three times now with no luck..:eek::(:confused:

And all I had to do once I modified the hosts file was to re-start iTunes...:p

Last edited:

MYNAMESALEX

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
So what is the best way to upgrade from 4.2.1 jb untethered, to 4.3.1 jb untethered, without losing any of my data?

Fast replys appreciated :)

EDIT: Never mind, I found very clear instructions on iClarify. Thank's for the post and the link guys installing and upgrading now :)

Last edited:

PsychoStar

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Just registered to say thanks to ek9max, because I was having a rough time getting it to work. But then I followed his advice with xp compatibility mode and run as administrator, worked like a charm like he said!!! THANKS

sadlybrokeboy

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up and thanks for the pointers on iClarified too!

Are then any unlocks yet to unlock the sim for 4.2 + ? Or is this j/b simply a jailbreak again?

Thanks!

Matt

iRandom

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I just have one question, is it untethered for the iPod Touch 4G, as it still shows the "boot tethered" option?

Martavious

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm at 4.2.1 with greenpois0n untethered .. should I wait for GP to come out for 4.3.1 or use Redsn0W? Is there a reason not to go ahead with Redsn0W over top of GP?

anon(4723755)

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
iPhone 3GS - white cydia icon / crashes

Hey guys, my jailbreak apps work perfectly fine but i have no cydia, its just a white icon that crashes! Don;t know what to do!!! Please help!

clue1968

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Well thank god I used my old ipad 1, and not my iphone 4.... I guess we all have to wait for a fix or some sort, I hope greenposi0n comes out with a JB...it will be so much easier.

swampbaby

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I agree Greenpois0n was such an easier JB than this. Oh well I was really looking towards being JB again. Looks like I'll just have to do yet another restore......sigh.

bayourock

Apr 15, 2009
Visit site
So what is the best way to upgrade from 4.2.1 jb untethered, to 4.3.1 jb untethered, without losing any of my data?

Fast replys appreciated :)

EDIT: Never mind, I found very clear instructions on iClarify. Thank's for the post and the link guys installing and upgrading now :)

Can I get a link to the iClarify article????

Martavious

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I think the confusion is that the iClarify article doesn't specify (unless I'm just plain missing it) using Redsn0W on an iPhone already jailbroken. The articles are generic and read (again to me) as if the phone is stock. Speaking for myself it concerns me doing this without the steps actually stating this is for stock AND jailbroken iphones specifically.

Personally I'm holding off for a bit to make sure all the apps I use on my 4.2.1 GP jailbroken phone will work with 4.3.1 Redsn0W. Following twitter to keep up with some of them already being confirmed (LockInfo, Mail Enhancer, etc).

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I think the confusion is that the iClarify article doesn't specify (unless I'm just plain missing it) using Redsn0W on an iPhone already jailbroken. The articles are generic and read (again to me) as if the phone is stock. Speaking for myself it concerns me doing this without the steps actually stating this is for stock AND jailbroken iphones specifically.

Personally I'm holding off for a bit to make sure all the apps I use on my 4.2.1 GP jailbroken phone will work with 4.3.1 Redsn0W. Following twitter to keep up with some of them already being confirmed (LockInfo, Mail Enhancer, etc).

good choice by holding off.. i am going to go for it tonight

LockInfo should be ready soon. the Dev has said that the beta is working fine on 4.3.1 and has submitted to MMi for update. should be out today or tomorrow

swampbaby

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
So is anybody able to tell me what I did wrong? When I jailbroke using the instructions in the link I posted, all went well accept there was no Network, cellular data after the jailbreak. I did a clean restore and AT&T 3G returned.

What'd I do wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods