Tried 4.3.1 Redsn0w JB MANY times using all the posted tips & tricks - no joy! Always fails at Ramdisk Upload. Tried the following:
    1) run in XP compatibility mode with & without Exec as Admin
    2) followed process for DFU mode in Redsn0w screens - same result
    3) pre-DFU'd iPad then ran Redsn0w - same result
    4) reran all of the above with Redsn0w affinity set to cpu1

Also saw a reference to "later models" having h/w fix that prevents mod (???)

Running Windows Vista 64-bit HP Desktop

HELP!!! What am I missing???
    Last edited by Mistered45; 04-04-2011 at 10:31 PM.
    04-04-2011 10:19 PM
    I have it working great! I love 4.3.1
    agreed. so far all of my original apps/tweaks are working perfectly. even LockInfo (beta)

and another thing.. when i went to team pure for a few days (on 4.3.1) i really enjoyed the excellent battery performance.. that has carried over as well!
    04-04-2011 10:41 PM
    I guess you and I are the I are the only two who had no AT&T service after JB.

For those if you who've successfully jailbroke, were you already jailbroken or running stock iOS? Greenpois0n was a much easier jailbreak.
    Last edited by swampbaby; 04-06-2011 at 09:53 AM.
    04-04-2011 10:45 PM
    restore as new. re-jailbreak

this method has solved A LOT of issues for me.. try it, couldn't hurt
    04-04-2011 10:58 PM
    Hey kids,

So, I'll keep it short and sweet.. don't even try to upgrade to 4.3.1 (over your Greenp0ison'd 4.2.1 jailbreak) and then use redsn0w. My phone went absolutely ape-$hit after I tried that. The best thing to do is to backup your phone, clean update (shift + click restore) and then use redsn0w. I've had absolutely no issues doing it the more annoying way (starting from scratch).
    04-04-2011 11:06 PM
    I jailbroke my iPhone 4 yesterday and having no problems. I have a 64bit windows 7 system and had no problems. Just had to do a clean firmware update (from 4.2.1 jb with greenpois0n to stock 4.3.1) and everything ran smoothly. Did a hard reset after my phone went ape sh!t but works fine now. Has anyone noticed an improvement on battery life? I'll post my findings as soon as I've come to some sort of conclusion.
    04-05-2011 06:34 AM
    I used the Shift Restore on mine to upgrade it last night, sounds worked fine until I JB it, Now I have zero new mail or txt sounds. Going back to restore it on my work laptop now with the shift restore and see if that works to get me back to unjailbroken. Then I'll figure out if I want to JB from there again.
    04-05-2011 08:06 AM
    04-05-2011 09:02 AM
    I always use Pwnage Tool and never have any problems. I just backup, sync and then start the process. I put the phone into DFU mode then open iTunes an Option(Mac) + restore to my custom ipsw. Then I restore from backup and I'm free, free, free. I much rather use pwnage tool every time it's just my personal preference.
    IVIacGyver likes this.
    04-05-2011 12:01 PM
    REALLY?!?!! mods please remove the spam to keep the thread for jb only.... the forums must have a backdoor for all these spam bots.
    04-05-2011 02:20 PM
    REALLY?!?!! mods please remove the spam to keep the thread for jb only.... the forums must have a backdoor for all these spam bots.
    Seriously, do you think we want the spam here? If you see spam, report it. Don't just complain. There's a nice little icon above the post where you can report it as spam. Feel free to use it.
    Garz likes this.
    04-05-2011 03:03 PM
    there is obviously a security hole somewhere... the vbuliten admin should look into it.
    04-05-2011 03:05 PM
    I just have one question, is it untethered for the iPod Touch 4G, as it still shows the "boot tethered" option?
    Yes it is, it shows that on all devices only click install cydia
    04-05-2011 04:50 PM
    I downloaded the zipped file "iPhone3,1_4.3.1_8G4_Restore" but there doesn't seem to be any IPSW file in it. It's rare I feel so stupid, so can someone please help me? I tried renaming it from a .zip to a .IPSW but that didn't help. Is there something I'm missing here? How do I get the IPSW file, or get the zip file I've got to work?

04-05-2011 06:39 PM
    I downloaded the zipped file "iPhone3,1_4.3.1_8G4_Restore" but there doesn't seem to be any IPSW file in it. It's rare I feel so stupid, so can someone please help me? I tried renaming it from a .zip to a .IPSW but that didn't help. Is there something I'm missing here? How do I get the IPSW file, or get the zip file I've got to work?

OK...got it figured out. I downloaded the file again and didn't open the file this time! I just replaced the .zip with a .ipsw extension and left it alone. This time it was recognized...wheew!

Thanks.
    04-05-2011 06:57 PM
    guys, i'm having a problem here...
    i cant seems to turn my ipad off while connecting to the usb port for jailbreak...
    every time after i slide to power off, after 3 seconds the apple logo just reappear again...

anyone can help me on this?
    04-05-2011 11:29 PM
    i cant seems to turn my ipad off while connecting to the usb port for jailbreak...
    every time after i slide to power off, after 3 seconds the apple logo just reappear again...

Hope you're not holding the home and power button. That would just reset the ipad.

Make sure you're only holding the top button, then slide to turn off when it prompts you to.
    04-06-2011 02:06 AM
    Quoted spam removed
    Stfu thank u
    Last edited by Alli; 04-06-2011 at 06:45 AM.
    04-06-2011 03:53 AM
    I guess you and I are the I are the only two who had no AT&T service after JB.

For those if you who've successfully jailbroke, were you already jailbroken or running stock iOS? Greenpois0n was a much easier jailbreak.
    Same here no service. I used Pwnage tho.
    04-06-2011 12:03 PM

What are you trying to do, get the iPad into DFU mode? Try unplugging the USB cable then turning the iPad off. Then start the JB process, but be prepared to act quickly because you'll have to plug in the USB this will give the iPad power right away so you'll need to hold the buttons in the sequence for DFU mode. Instead of holding the Power button you could also just hold the power and home button until the screen goes black this is a hard boot but as long as the iPad is connected via USB it may just power on again.
    04-06-2011 12:21 PM
    Ok, I am trying to jailbreak my 4.3.1 OS and when I download the iOS version that matches my device OS, I'm having a problem. I can save it on my desktop but it keeps saving it as a compressed zip folder so I can't find the IPSW file . Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. THanks.
    04-06-2011 11:43 PM
    Ok, I am trying to jailbreak my 4.3.1 OS and when I download the iOS version that matches my device OS, I'm having a problem. I can save it on my desktop but it keeps saving it as a compressed zip folder so I can't find the IPSW file . Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. THanks.
    i believe all you have to do is change the extension from .zip to .ipsw

or you can try here: Download iOS 4.3.1 Firmware for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch [IPSW] | iPhoneHeat
    04-07-2011 01:14 AM
    i believe all you have to do is change the extension from .zip to .ipsw
    Yes this will work
    04-07-2011 01:44 AM
    Has anyone been experiencing battery drain issues on their iDevices?

I seem to be on my iPod Touch 4G.
    04-07-2011 05:43 PM
    Hi. Quick question I am new to the world of jail breaking and i was just wondering if u jailbreak your iPhone, can you still use apps from the iTunes store? I'm pretty sure u can just wanna make sure. Thanks.
    04-07-2011 08:30 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD