I need to know if there is another way to put my phone into DFU mode.
    The sleep button on my iPhone 4 is broken and won't work at all. Once I get it jailbroken for 4.3.1 I can use activator and have something take its place, but I don't know if I'll even have that chance now.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Do I need to take this to the apple store or send it in? I don't think I have warranty left, but I have no clue really.

Thanks,
    Jake
    04-04-2011 02:15 AM
    You need to use the sleep button to get it in DFU. On Apple.com, there is a spot you can enter your serial number to see if you have warranty.
    04-04-2011 02:18 AM
    Isn't hardware covered for a year by warranty? The 4 hasn't even been out that long.
    04-04-2011 02:21 AM
    I just made an appointment at the apple store. How long should I expect it to be there for?
    04-04-2011 02:41 AM
    I just made an appointment at the apple store. How long should I expect it to be there for?
    Once they see you, 10 mins tops. They will give you a new phone. Just depends if they are running on time.

Yes your right. I missed the poster said the 4.
    04-04-2011 03:17 AM
    I'd never dealt with apple for warranty issues until now, and I have to say that it was a surprisingly pleasant experience. Although it took about 15 minutes past my appointment time, they just gave me a new phone and I was out the door in about 7 minutes tops. Thanks for all your help. On to the jailbreak.
    04-04-2011 05:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD