Verizon Iphone and Bitesms

cko1123

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I have a verizon iphone and i have it jailbroken. The native SMS app is kind of dull and i was looking at downloading bitesms. From reviews i have watched, i know you can use your mobile provider to send your SMS messages for the app. My current message plan is unlimited verizon to verizon and 500 out of service messages per month. My question is, would using this app with my current plan be the same as me using the native SMS app? I saw something in a review about setting it to unlimited messaging, but i technically dont have "unlimited" to all service providers, only verizon. I wanted to see if i could get some insight before going ahead with this (if anyone is able to provide any). The last thing i would want to do is be charged extra if i didnt have to.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
You will still be restricted to 500 carrier sent SMS. You can send SMS thru the bitesms system if you buy credits, and I believe it doesn't use your SMS. You can also set it to count your SMS you send a month, and have it reset when you want. Overall it's a really good app. It's my #1 fav jailbroken app.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
e_brown is right.. then when set up to your liking you will have the BEST sms application that could possibly be made. like mentioned above this is also one of my favorite apps and half the reason why I jailbreak to begin with

the support is great and the integration into the UI is perfect. Apple seriously needs to take notes so they can improve the POS they call their "native sms"

cko1123

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
When i downloaded it, "Default Send Method" had "Remember per Contact" Checked, should i just switch to via "Mobile Carrier" so it just follows my plan current plan that i stated above? I dont plan on using the bite service or buying credits, just wanted a new SMS app because the native one pretty much sucks. So would i still have unlimited to verizon customers, or just 500 total SMS messages per month (what E_Brown said above), regardless what carrier my recipient has?

Im new to all this jailbreaking stuff, so i just wanted to be as sure as possible before using anything. Thanks for everyones help

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
You will still be restricted to 500 carrier sent SMS. You can send SMS thru the bitesms system if you buy credits, and I believe it doesn't use your SMS. You can also set it to count your SMS you send a month, and have it reset when you want. Overall it's a really good app. It's my #1 fav jailbroken app.

Been using biteSMS since I jailbroke my iPhone4... and agree that it's one of the best apps out there...

Where is the setting for message counts? I don't see it in the options screen anywhere...

Also, is anyone using iPhoneDelivery with biteSMS to get confirmation on SMSs sent?

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
When i downloaded it, "Default Send Method" had "Remember per Contact" Checked, should i just switch to via "Mobile Carrier" so it just follows my plan current plan that i stated above? I dont plan on using the bite service or buying credits, just wanted a new SMS app because the native one pretty much sucks. So would i still have unlimited to verizon customers, or just 500 total SMS messages per month (what E_Brown said above), regardless what carrier my recipient has?

Yes

When I first installed the latest BiteSMS and "Remember per Contact" option checked was checked my SMS did not work... not sure why. When I switched to "via Mobile Carrier" (which is the way I want it) everything is fine.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Hank, look in bitesms/settings/carrier SMS plan. I think it only shows up there, not in Quick Compose/Reply.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro