Change location for weather widget???

createdn6days

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I recently downloaded the theme MyTouchHD theme and it comes with a weather widget...but cant figure out how to change location for my weather...the creator put a YouTube video up but only mentioned using "Open SSH" and didn't explain what it was....I downloaded Open SSH but can't seem to find it anywhere on my iphone4 although it is listed in my Cydia as installed...I am really a beginner with this stuff can anyone help?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Somewhere there's an instruction with the theme, or perhaps elsewhere telling how to drill down into your phone's file system for a specific configuration file in that theme where you define the location the theme uses for weather widget.

jackie treehorn

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
All Openssh does is allow you to ssh into your device. To do so you will need to be on the same wifi connection with your iDevice and computer. You will also need a desktop app (winscp, windows or cyberduck, mac) then you can find tutorials on the web explaining how to do it. Also look up how to change your passwords on your device for both root and mobile.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
There are ways other than ssh to get into your phone's file system... I use iPhone Explorer on my Mac- and that was how I got into the config file for the weather widget I'm using - makes the phone look like a finder window, and you drill in, drag the file to the mac desktop, tweak it, and drag back to the phone.

mededitor

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I recently downloaded the theme MyTouchHD theme and it comes with a weather widget...but cant figure out how to change location for my weather...the creator put a YouTube video up but only mentioned using "Open SSH" and didn't explain what it was....I downloaded Open SSH but can't seem to find it anywhere on my iphone4 although it is listed in my Cydia as installed...I am really a beginner with this stuff can anyone help?

I had the same problem with a new weather widget that I downloaded for my lockscreen. It came with a ReadMe file, which I finally found using iFile. I went to /var/stash/Themes.???? and found the name of the theme. I tapped on the theme (not the arrow to the right) and that opened a listing of the theme-related files. I scrolled down and tapped readme.txt, followed by Text Viewer when the viewing options popped up. If you can find that file (if there is one) it might give you a better explanation of the weather widget.

Ultimately, I had to go to Yahoo! Weather - Weather Forecasts | Maps | News. I typed in my ZIP code, which brought up my local weather. At the end of the URL there was an 8-digit number that I copied and pasted into another file in the theme. In this case, the file was named configureMe.js (listed within the Weather portion of this theme). I added the 8-digit number to the notation "var locale = "---it now reads "var locale = 12345678."

Somewhere in your theme there should be some kind of file related to weather. It might also be listed as a separate theme, eg, MyTouchHDWeather.theme, in Winterboard. If that's the case, follow the above directions to open the weather theme and go from there.

This might not be the exact way to do it for your theme, but maybe it can give you some ideas about how to find the area that has to be customized.

I didn't have to use OpenSSH, I did it through iFile directly on my iPhone. However, OpenSSH and the desktop app that I use (YummyFTP) would have worked.

P.S. OpenSSH doesn't put an icon on your springboard, you have to access it through a console-type application. I use SBSettings, which is free and available on Cydia; I can toggle OpenSSH on and off through SBSettings.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner