new to jailbreak

smee

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Hello all. was after some info prior to doing a jailbreak.

I currently have an ipad1 and iphone4 both running ios 4.3.1 and using itune 10.2.1.1

now i have to admit the only real reason i want to jail break is the SBS setting app.

questions i need help with

1) does a jailbroken iphone still sync ok with Itunes?
2) how do you sync apps downloaded from Cydia?
3) i understand that Tethered upgrade has to run ibooty everytime you restart the phone and untethered will let you reboot as you see fit, BUT i have read conflicting info stating that doing an untethered flash will not install Cydia and will not be able to install app. is this true?
4) if above is true whats the point of untethed?

finally when 4.3.1 CW flash comes out would some one be willing to help me with the upgrade

thanks

lee

anon(5335877)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
1) does a jailbroken iphone still sync ok with Itunes?
2) how do you sync apps downloaded from Cydia?
3) i understand that Tethered upgrade has to run ibooty everytime you restart the phone and untethered will let you reboot as you see fit, BUT i have read conflicting info stating that doing an untethered flash will not install Cydia and will not be able to install app. is this true?
4) if above is true whats the point of untethed?

lee

1) Yes it does.
2) It doesn't sync with iTunes. You might want to check out PKGBACKUP. I think it allows you to backup Cydia stuff. Someone else who knows more can probably tell you.
3) Where did you get that info from? The untethered not installing Cydia part.

smee

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.

I am unsure where I read it most of the info I found was from 2009 aswell. I seen it a few places even on YouTube video but like I said sounded fishy to me, but want to make sure :)

Free apps in cydia do you still need to go through the sign in with facebook stage ect?

Lee

smee

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Sorry also another question has come to mind. After the jailbreak do I need to setup my APN settings?

I didn't have to when I first got the iPhone guessing vodafone did that for me or it's on the sim card.

Lee

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
As a person who has been jailbreaking since the original iPod Touch, I would suggest the following...

1) Wait for the 4.3.1 Untethered jailbreak to be released
2) Wait for TIPB or other equally reputable Apple/iPhone blogs to post news about the release of the jailbreak
3) Wait about 48 hours after its release before using the jailbreak. This will allow other more daring users to run into bugs, as well as allow the jailbreak devs to get the fixes out.
4) Purchase a full license for BiteSMS, and possibly iBlacklist.

smee

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the advice.

What are those app? Had a quick google looks like a SMS message service butnwhat does this give over standard messages?

Iblacklist I wouldn't use. I wouldn't want to blacklist people unless your telling me I'm about to get spammed if I jailbreak lol

Lee

anon(5335877)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the advice.

What are those app? Had a quick google looks like a SMS message service butnwhat does this give over standard messages?

Iblacklist I wouldn't use. I wouldn't want to blacklist people unless your telling me I'm about to get spammed if I jailbreak lol

Lee

It replaces the messages app and is much better. I believe there's a free trial if you'd like to try it out.

smee

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Sweet thanks

Is there anything that can be done about iPhone 4 poor Bluetooth pairing? Or is that limitation of hardware?

Still waiting for iOS also. Can't find eta either

smee

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Poor bluetooth? what problems are you having?

The usual Bluetooth stereo headset problem. Got plantronic backbeat 906's and then usual disconnects. Really bad right pocket out side. Drops every few seconds.

I know it's the phone as tried it else where and also reading up on it online apparently it's a common issue with iPhone 4 and any Bluetooth headset

Lee

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
The usual Bluetooth stereo headset problem. Got plantronic backbeat 906's and then usual disconnects. Really bad right pocket out side. Drops every few seconds.

I know it's the phone as tried it else where and also reading up on it online apparently it's a common issue with iPhone 4 and any Bluetooth headset

Lee

I wouldn't say it's common with "any" Bluetooth headset. I have a headset I use ( not for music mind you ) when I'm in the car and it stays connected just fine.

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the advice.

Lee

Not from the jailbreak, but anyone with an axe to grind against you can always add your phone number to a call list. This happened to me. And trust me, having the option available to supress calls, send calls directly to voice mail, etc, is very useful at times.

BiteSMS basically takes over for the Apple Messages app. Looks almost identical too, which is nice. I use the free, ad supported version for about a year. However, every once and a while the ads would bug out and there would be 2 or 3 ads on screen, taking up half of the screen. I figured the $7-$10 was worth it for the app, so I bought the full license. One of the absolute best apps on Cydia.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2