iPhone unlock?

sevinnyne6126

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Am I the only one that has given up on an iPhone unlock coming from the dev team? With apple releasing new os's on a daily basis, who knows what os or broadband the unlock will work for? All i know is that other hackers need to start working on an unlock ASAP. If you're waiting for an unlock from the dev team I suggest to go to Canada (or Mexico?) for a factory unlocked iPhone & call it a day

anon(5335877)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Am I the only one that has given up on an iPhone unlock coming from the dev team? With apple releasing new os's on a daily basis, who knows what os or broadband the unlock will work for? All i know is that other hackers need to start working on an unlock ASAP. If you're waiting for an unlock from the dev team I suggest to go to Canada (or Mexico?) for a factory unlocked iPhone & call it a day

I've given up pretty much. Right now I have a 3GS on the 06.15.00 baseband, and am planning to pick up a factory unlocked iPhone 4 (or 5 if I can get my hands on one) during my vacation to Australia later this year.

anon(5335877)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
come on , i dont need an unlock but the hackers are people too ,

I don't blame them. I understand, and they're doing all of this for free too. I don't mind waiting a couple months for a jailbreak, but I can't remember the last time we've had an unlock.

You know who I blame? AT&T. I know there's no other GSM carrier in the US that officially has the iPhone, but what if you want to travel overseas?

sevinnyne6126

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I blame them because we were mislead to believe there was already an unlock. What happened to "No unlock will be released until after 4.3 is out?" what happened to sherif's statement "the unlock I have is working for both (BB's)" Plus, if they wanted money they would charge for it, if they paid a small fee for each unlock, do you know how much money they would make?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I looked at this thread and wasn't even going to bother posting because I find it so ridiculous. There is a Gevy sim or whatever it's called that costs $75 and JB most basebands. You can blame the hackers all you want but the main fact is if you had used the tools that JB the firmware and leave the baseband alone unlock would still be possible. If you got a new iPhone or a replacement or something that already had an upgraded baseband then that's Apple's fault not the hackers really.

anon(5335877)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I looked at this thread and wasn't even going to bother posting because I find it so ridiculous. There is a Gevy sim or whatever it's called that costs $75 and JB most basebands. You can blame the hackers all you want but the main fact is if you had used the tools that JB the firmware and leave the baseband alone unlock would still be possible. If you got a new iPhone or a replacement or something that already had an upgraded baseband then that's Apple's fault not the hackers really.

I still say it's AT&T. In other countries you can get the iPhone unlocked by the carrier, but not here. =/

sevinnyne6126

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site

If you werent going to bother posting then why post? I would never get a "Gevy" sim because calling 911 & hanging up is illegal. Dont believe me? Look it up. there's articles like these all over the Internet. Now if you wanna go to jail for using a Gevy sim be my guest. If the Gevy sims were that revolutionary don't you think they would be more popular? I find it ridiculous that people have the nerve to voice their irrelevant, irrational opinions. Since youre not even on the iPhone dev team, I'm not here for your opinion.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
We are all here for everyone's opinions. That is the purpose of forums. Don't like someone's opinion, move on.

We don't want to close another thread.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73