Hi am new member to this forum looking for some help on jailbreaking my iphone 3gs its the MC model and running 4.2.1 first off can this be done if so then can somone let me know how please thanx
    03-22-2011 09:54 AM
    Yes it can. use greenpois0n

go to GreenPois0n

It's an untethered jailbreak by the way.
    03-22-2011 12:11 PM
    Do a search on the forums to see the problems people have run into while trying to JB with Greenpois0n just incase you encounter the same problem. It is simple and quite fast, make sure you backup and sync your phone before you do the process. Once the process is complete make sure the first trip to Cydia you backup your SHSH blobs by clicking "Make my life easier" and you should be all set to rock and roll.
    03-22-2011 01:33 PM
    thanx alot just before i do this i have model number mc637b i was told this need to be a tethered jailbreak is this right and is this what GreenPois0n is aswell sorry all the Q but i dont want to muck my iphone up.
    03-22-2011 03:14 PM
    Greenpois0n is not tethered, it will either work or not work for your model I think you have an MC model. I remember there used to be an issue, don't quote me but I don't think it matters for 4.2.
    03-22-2011 05:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD