Where to Begin?

Swish#IM

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone, I'm new to this whole jailbreaking stuff so excuse me if I'm posting in the wrong forum or something...

Anyways I have an iPod Touch running firmware 4.3.1, it's the one with the camera. Can I jailbreak this? If not, should I downgrade to an iPod Touch firmware version that can be successfully jailbroken? Is there a how-to guide anywhere I can read? I don't even know where to begin, haha. Not down to pay for all the apps I want.

Thank you in advance.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
All the help that you need is right at the top of the forums. Don't be afraid to ask questions, as the people who post here are very knowledgeable. Welcome aboard:)

Swish#IM

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
iTunes isn't letting me downgrade from 4.3 to 4.2.1. I keep getting this stupid 3194 error. I added the server to my hosts file and it's still not working.

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure if the iPod is different but if you didn't save your shsh Blobs for 4.2 you can't downgrade. If you don't know what the SHSH blobs are do a search for blobs. Also if you want to JB to install cracked apps we don't talk about cracked apps here. It's always good to supposrt the developers for the great apps we use. If you mean just some of the free Cydia apps then my bad, but not all apps are free.

Swish#IM

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
So is there any way I can jailbreak 4.3? If so, is there a tutorial I can follow?

Edit; I was following a tutorial on how to do a tethered jailbreak on 4.3 with sn0wbreeze and it froze when it was rebooting. I tried to restore my iPod and now it's freezing with the restore bar.

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
The 4.3 jailbreak is tethered I think so everytime the device reboots you need to run the tool again choosing "Boot tethere". It is also a very new JB and not many here have done it so you might not get alot of help yet. You might wanna wait until the 4.3 JB goes mainstream. If you want to do hat put the device in DFU mode and then click restore in iTunes.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2