Hello again and thanks again

I understand the risks of updating to 6.15....I am on windows...I know to use greenpoison rc5 and ultraslow to jailbreak and unlock....my question is does greenpoison update the baseband or do I have to use another program to do that. I am on 4.2.1 5.15.04 and have old bootloader. The reason I ask is because greenpoison does not seem to be working for me and am not sure if it's because I am still on 5.15.04. Thanks again to all that have been and continue to be such a great help.
    03-19-2011 03:48 PM
    Greenpoison will JB what firmware you are currently on running. It does not update the firmware and/or the baseband. If yo want to update to the hack iPad 6.15 baseband, use Redsnow. Afterward, re-Greenpoison.

You might need saved 4.2.1 SHSH blobs if it requires a restore / reinstall of 4.2.1 firmware.
    03-19-2011 04:13 PM
    How do I save 4.2.1 SHSH?
    03-19-2011 05:00 PM
    ....was just reading about tinyumbrella...is this the best option
    03-19-2011 05:31 PM
    If you have not previously same them, throughout Cydia or Tinyumbrella, you can't save any other SHSH blobs except the current which is 4.3. To save your SHSH, download and run Tinyumbrella. Make sure your iPhone is connected and detected. Then, click "Save my SHSH...". Whatever was saved is whatever firmware you can restore/reinstall to.
    03-19-2011 05:32 PM
    Ok thanks but this mean I will not be able to jailbreak/unlock 4.2.1...or will I have to upgrade to 4.3?
    03-19-2011 05:44 PM
    If you upgrade to 4.3 there is no JB or unlock. Check this out it tells you how to use redsn0w to load the iPad baseband. iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak and Unlock Your iPhone 3G Using RedSn0w (Windows) [4.2.1] although this tutorial is for the 3G you might be able to use the same tool on a 3Gs just make sure you have the right firmware.
    smiiith likes this.
    03-20-2011 01:52 AM
    Thank you very much....I have jb/unlocked before with the help of this site...sooner or later I will put all the pieces together. Upgrading my baseband I guess is the first step ....so thanks for the link. Then greenpoison rc5 or should I use rc6 ....I want untethered and am on windows....then I use ultraslow to unlock tmobile....???? Seems simple but just want to gather as much info as possible....and when I watch YouTube video I get more confused.
    I can and I will have my unlocked iPhone back.....I hope! I appreciate all responses......they all help and get me closer to my goal.
    03-20-2011 04:15 PM
    If I am already using 4.2.1 are there some steps I can skip when I am upgrading baseband? (from link above)
    03-20-2011 04:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD