Unlock 4.2.1 3GS 5.12.04

smiiith

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Hello again and thanks again

I understand the risks of updating to 6.15....I am on windows...I know to use greenpoison rc5 and ultraslow to jailbreak and unlock....my question is does greenpoison update the baseband or do I have to use another program to do that. I am on 4.2.1 5.15.04 and have old bootloader. The reason I ask is because greenpoison does not seem to be working for me and am not sure if it's because I am still on 5.15.04. Thanks again to all that have been and continue to be such a great help.

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Greenpoison will JB what firmware you are currently on running. It does not update the firmware and/or the baseband. If yo want to update to the hack iPad 6.15 baseband, use Redsnow. Afterward, re-Greenpoison.

You might need saved 4.2.1 SHSH blobs if it requires a restore / reinstall of 4.2.1 firmware.

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
If you have not previously same them, throughout Cydia or Tinyumbrella, you can't save any other SHSH blobs except the current which is 4.3. To save your SHSH, download and run Tinyumbrella. Make sure your iPhone is connected and detected. Then, click "Save my SHSH...". Whatever was saved is whatever firmware you can restore/reinstall to.

smiiith

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Thank you very much....I have jb/unlocked before with the help of this site...sooner or later I will put all the pieces together. Upgrading my baseband I guess is the first step ....so thanks for the link. Then greenpoison rc5 or should I use rc6 ....I want untethered and am on windows....then I use ultraslow to unlock tmobile....???? Seems simple but just want to gather as much info as possible....and when I watch YouTube video I get more confused.
I can and I will have my unlocked iPhone back.....I hope! I appreciate all responses......they all help and get me closer to my goal.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2