I have the 3G toggle set to "ON" under the "set toggles" menu of sbsettings. Under the quick pull down menu from the home screen the 3G button is always red. If i turn it on (green) and go back to the home screen it automatically turns it back to red (off). I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling sbsettings and tried rebooting the phone. It seems that nothing that I do can make this work. I used greenpoison to jailbreak the phone and the sbsettings was loaded via cydia and the author was BigBoss. The phone was jailbroken on iop version 4.2.6 on the verizon network. The only other thing I can think of to do to the phone would be a factory reset and re-jailbreak it. Any help or ideas with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Crash
    03-13-2011 11:41 PM
    Thats makes 2 of us having this problem, it still shows the 3G on the top status bar right next to the "Verizon"... what gives?
    03-15-2011 12:09 AM
    i just assumed that toggle didn't play nice with 4.2.6 and didn't actually affect anything since i don't think you'd have a data IP address listed if 3g was off.... be interested to know if that's not the case, though.
    03-16-2011 02:15 PM
    same here, but it goes to zero bars too.
    03-16-2011 06:12 PM
    In your settings does it say 3G is enabled or disabled? If you do a restore through iTunes you will be updated to 4.3 which means no JB. The toggle only means if the button is available in the SBSettings menu so it should be on and then the 3G should be green. I know there was an issue with a carrier where the 3G had to be turned off before the JB. So maybe you should re-JB and try that to see if it helps.
    03-16-2011 07:03 PM
    Anyone ever figure out how to fix this issue? I jailbroke a friend's Verizon iphone last night and she's having this exact issue.
    04-17-2011 12:57 PM
    Running into the same problem myself, jailbroke my ViP4 last night. Everything else ran smoothly with the JB. Any solution?
    04-18-2011 09:27 AM
    I did notice that there is no option to turn off 3G in the standard settings app on a Verizon iphone so maybe that's why the sbsettings 3G toggle is a bit wonky; however, location services CAN be turned off in the standard settings app so I'm not sure why that sbsettings toggle is acting up.
    04-18-2011 03:31 PM
    anyone tried uninstalling SBSettings? if it's the only thing messing with the 3G then uninstall it and see if there is a change. I know it's handy but the good thing is that it doesn't do things that can only be done with SBSettings really especially on an iPhone 4. If it stops turning on and off once you uninstall it then you can re-install it and see if the problems come back.
    04-18-2011 04:30 PM
    are you guys on a WIFI network?
    04-18-2011 07:00 PM
    are you guys on a WIFI network?
    I was on a wifi network at the time I noticed the problem with sbsettings but I don't see why that's relevant.
    04-19-2011 06:51 AM
    I'll ask again anyone tried uninstalling SBSettings? if it's the only thing messing with the 3G then uninstall it and see if there is a change. I know it's handy but the good thing is that it doesn't do things that can only be done with SBSettings really, especially on an iPhone 4. If it stops turning on and off once you uninstall SBSS then you can re-install it and see if the problems come back.
    04-19-2011 07:21 AM
    I'll ask again anyone tried uninstalling SBSettings? if it's the only thing messing with the 3G then uninstall it and see if there is a change. I know it's handy but the good thing is that it doesn't do things that can only be done with SBSettings really, especially on an iPhone 4. If it stops turning on and off once you uninstall SBSS then you can re-install it and see if the problems come back.
    Well I haven't tried that since it's not my phone and I don't have access to it on a daily basis. Hopefully someone else here can chime in.
    04-19-2011 11:56 AM
    Same thing here. Verizon iPhone on 4.2.8. I uninstalled and reinstalled sbssettings and still the same issue.
    05-21-2011 09:19 PM
    The 3G is on regardless of it being red in SBsettings. Can't you all tell by the Internet speed your phones using? The settings are just not completely compatible with Verizon yet so don't go restoring or re-jailbreaking your phone it won't fix anything
    05-25-2011 12:42 PM
    It's just something to do with CDMA the 3G still toggles with the data button on sbsettings
    05-25-2011 12:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD