How To: Downgrade iOS 4.3 to iOS 4.2.1, 4.1 for iPhone, iPod & iPad

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
How To: Downgrade iOS 4.3 to iOS 4.2.1, 4.1 for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad | TechnoBolt

Apple just released iOS 4.3 for public with numerous new features. As you might know Apple Stop signing old firmwares for restoring to it. So all those people who are stuck to iOS 4.3 and want to downgrade will need SHSH Blobs to downgrade from iOS 4.3 to iOS 4.2.1, 4.1 or lower. So here is a guide on how to Downgrade iOS 4.3 to iOS 4.2.1/ 4.1 on iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.

NOTE: This guide will only work if you have shsh blobs saved for the particular firmware you are downgrading too.

To find if you have shsh blobs for particular firmware or not, go to cydia and check above the Welcome to cydia you will see it (SHSH Blobs) for particular iOS.

obviously if you're on 4.3 then you will not be able to see this ^. but this when if you remember selecting the "make my life easier" option in Cydia matters, or used another method to save blobs

can anyone confirm if Apple has indeed stopped signing 4.2.1?

personally, i have upgraded to 4.3 and downgraded to 4.2.1 (twice) and this method worked both times. however, if you run into difficulties please try to research as much as possible before posting useless threads

if anyone else has successfully downgraded, or knows about it, please feel free to add to this thread

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Awesome info :) I've never needed to do this. So I didn't know the procedure whenever I saw people who needed to do it. Now I do, cool. I think if you're JBen you should leave the hosts file like that instead of reverting. This way you will never accidentally upgrade. I mean most users who JB know when a new firmware has been released so if they did want to upgrade just download the actual file or edit the hosts file then.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711