My friend recommended that I jailbreak my iPod Touch, and I decided to go ahead and do so, so I downloaded greenpois0n and followed the procedures to enter DFU mode and then jailbreak it, but I get the feeling that it isn't working. My friend said it would take a while for it to reboot, and right now there are several lines of script on my screen, but the last line says "Failed to get AppleS5L8920XARM7M after 3 70 sec." And the two lines previous to that say the same thing, except replace 3 70 with 2 50, and 1 30.

Anyone know what's going on here and what I could do to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    03-11-2011 11:09 PM
    Are you by chance trying to JB iOS 4.3? If so, I don't think Greenpois0n will work. Have you tried restoring in iTunes?
    03-11-2011 11:49 PM
    Yeah actually, that's what seems to be the problem. Any tips on restoring to 4.21 on iTunes?
    03-11-2011 11:58 PM
    Actually, I think I'll wait until greenpois0n can jailbreak 4.3

It should be only a week or two until its released, there are videos previewing it on YouTube
    03-12-2011 12:05 AM
    Not sure if Apple is still signing 4.2.1...assuming they are, just download the FW from iClarified and then shift+Restore in iTunes (option+restore on a Mac, I think) and choose the right ipsw (4.2.1 instead of 4.3).

If Apple is no longer signing 4.2.1 you will need to have SHSH saved in order to downgrade.
    03-12-2011 12:07 AM
    Actually, I think I'll wait until greenpois0n can jailbreak 4.3

It should be only a week or two until its released, there are videos previewing it on YouTube
    You might want to downgrade and JB anyway...it seems that some changes Apple made to the 4.3 FW will mean a lot of the usual JB apps/tweaks will no longer work. At least this way you'll have it up and running in the meantime.
    03-12-2011 12:10 AM
    Massie is right. apple just patch the main way all these jailbreaking apps have been able to work up until now. read more here LINK

You might want to downgrade and JB anyway...it seems that some changes Apple made to the 4.3 FW will mean a lot of the usual JB apps/tweaks will no longer work. At least this way you'll have it up and running in the meantime.
    03-12-2011 12:27 AM
    I'm actually referring to something else. Basically, it sounds like the mobile substrateneeded for a ton of central jailbreak appswill need to be altered to work with 4.3. So even if a jb is released, a lot of your favorite jb apps might be broken.
    03-12-2011 12:59 AM
    I'm actually referring to something else. Basically, it sounds like the mobile substrateneeded for a ton of central jailbreak appswill need to be altered to work with 4.3. So even if a jb is released, a lot of your favorite jb apps might be broken.
    this is correct. in fact, even when a jailbreak goes live for 4.3.x and mobile substrate has been "fixed".. i would highly recommend waiting it out until there are several reports of everything working well. let other jailbreakers be the beta testers
    03-12-2011 01:33 AM
    what BLiNK means by other JBers be beta testers is follow his posts because he will be one of them lol as will I
    03-12-2011 02:05 AM
    what BLiNK means by other JBers be beta testers is follow his posts because he will be one of them lol as will I
    i hate to say it but you're probably right
    03-12-2011 02:32 AM
    i am also in league...
    got iPod 4G...
    moment i connected to itunes..
    it asked me update software... i did it.... and then no jailBreak.....
    03-12-2011 03:34 AM
    Hey guys, thanks a ton for the replies. I'm seriously considering restoring my iPod to 4.21 and proceeding with the jailbreak. But I want to know more about restoring before I continue. Any information on the matter is welcome, seeing as I'm not too bright with these kinds of things. Is Apple still "signing" 4.21, and if not, is restoring still my best option? Again, thanks a lot for any and all replies, I just want to have all my bases covered before I make any rash decisions.
    03-12-2011 09:40 AM
    Actually, there are several helpful threads on this subject that I overlooked. I would still appreciate someone breaking down the necessary steps needed for me to successfully jailbreak my iPod (like I mentioned before, I'm not very bright when it comes to technology like this), but I think I'll be able to figure it out using the stickied threads on this forum.

Once again, thanks a ton to everyone who replied. I'll make sure to keep you all updated on my situation.
    03-12-2011 09:58 AM
    The only thing I'd say is if you haven't yet saved your SHSH for 4.2.1, it would be smart to do it NOW if Apple is still signing it, just to be safe. You can do it with Tiny Umbrella; see this post:
    Jailbreak tip: How to save your SHSH blobs with TinyUmbrella | TiPb
    03-12-2011 11:30 AM
    I think Apple wil still be signing 4.2 cause 4.3 just came out a few days ago so I think you should follow Massie's link. You will know if Apple is still signing if you download the 4.2 firmware you can get it on iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials then put your device in recovery mode and Holding Option(Mac) or Shift(Windows) click restore and point to the 4.2 firmware you downloaded. If Apple isn't signing anymore when iTunes says validating with Apple you will get an error. Just post up here and we will help you get it done
    03-12-2011 01:36 PM
    Wow okay, I feel like an *****. I'm really having trouble with this, the commands that are posted on that article that has tips on how to save SHSH blobs, aren't even displayed on TinyUmbrella when I run it.
    Last edited by dolphins; 03-12-2011 at 02:59 PM.
    03-12-2011 02:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD