MyWi 4.0 Question

ccannon76535

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Hello, I'm new to this forum. I've just jailbroken my iPhone 4 and im likely to have lots of questions. My first one is about MyWi 4.0, I've downloaded the cracked version and installed it, but before using it is it completely free to use? Or will I get a bill on my contract at the end of the month? Also I'm wondering how it works... If I've got MyWi up and running on my iPhone does that mean it's using WiFi therefore it's faster then my usual 3G connection?

swsmpbaby985

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I'm fairly new to jailbreaking myself. After jailbreaking MyWi was one of the first apps I installed. I'm not really familiar with what you mean by "cracked" version but the one I installed via Cydia was for a one time payment of $20.

After that you don't have to worry about any additional billif from your carrier. However it is best that you have a grandfathered unlimited data plan, as if you were to have a capped data plan it'll be very wasy to go over your monthly data limit.

I'm currently useing MyWi as I'm typing this, I don't know how I ever got by without it:)

swsmpbaby985

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
If I'm not mistaking the community doesnt really support "free" version of paid apps.

I'm useing MyWi on my iPhone 4, as I haven't jailbroken my iPad. My MacBook, iPad, my bf's iPhone, iPod, iPad, and Windows computer can all pick up on my MyWi connection. However word of advice MyWi is a fast battery drainer, so make sure your iPhone is plugged into a power source while useing MyWi.

swsmpbaby985

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
MyWi creates a "Personal Hotspot" feature. So if you have 3G in your area it will use that connection, and same with EDGE, though EDGE is slower than 3G.

Basically MyWi is just like if you have a home high speed internet connection. The same way your computer and electronic devices can find that connection and connect to it they will be able to do the same with MyWi.

MyWi 4.0 - iPhone? WiFi Tethering and iPad?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
if you plan on using it.. BUY IT! you'll never get the support you need, not only from them but us as well

h22artman

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
mywi is intended to produce a wifi signal using the 3g signal so you can use other devices over wifi.

assuming you are using it as intended it is running off of the 3g signal and using your data as you surf/download/listen to music on your other device.

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I installed the app last night and it worked fine from home so I was excited that I would have wifi at work for my iPad. Only trouble is, I couldn't get any videos to load from work.

My question is... Is there a way to optimize it? Or does the trial limit download speeds? I really want to buy it after the trial period, but am afraid it won't end up working properly where I need it.

Oh, and I had full 3G signal at the time I had it activated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ccannon76535

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I'll have to buy the full version then if I plan on using it consistently, sorry if I sound dumb but I still don't really understand lol, all I want MyWi for is if I'm out in the streets and I wanna use the Internet will it be using a WiFi connection or the standard connection a normal phone uses?

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I'll have to buy the full version then if I plan on using it consistently, sorry if I sound dumb but I still don't really understand lol, all I want MyWi for is if I'm out in the streets and I wanna use the Internet will it be using a WiFi connection or the standard connection a normal phone uses?

Your "phone" will be using 3G or CDMA/carrier data. Mywi lets your phone become a wifi hot spot for another device to utilize. (ie iPad, laptop...) So yes, you will be charged data for your phone. If you have unlimited data, you'll be okay. (presumably, as different folks have different views on this)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swsmpbaby985

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
It'll use your standard 3G connection. MyWi creates a WiFi connection for all of your other electronic devices, just as a typical home internet connection does.

h22artman

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site

the wifi signal the mywi produces is for using OTHER devices over wifi.

your iphone is still on 3g or edge and using data from your plan as you surf/download with your other device.

swsmpbaby985

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm with AT&T and im grandfathered in on the unlimited data plan. Using MyWi, I've so far used 886.9MB so far and my billing cycle ends in two days. I have yet to incur any data overage useages charges.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711