security question -apps reading data of other apps

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Hello all,
On my rooted droid I was prompted to allow an app root privileges when the app tried to gain root level access. This gave me some control allowing me to limit root access to a few trusted apps - like app data backups.

Realized today that a backup app could read and backup my apps but had never asked me for root permission.

Does this not also mean that any JB app can do the same?

On android it came out that google and some banking apps stored sensitive account info unencrypted because they didn't consider that people would gain root access. Presumably the same dumb ars crew made the banking app for iOS as well.

Is this a concern for anyone on JB iOS?

What suggestions does anyone have to stay safe?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
There's a thread about changing your root and mobile password you could start there. I think with all the smart people in the JB scene we would rely on them to find and publicise any rogue JB apps. Just like you depend on Apple or Google to police the official apps, it's the nature of computing. Unless you are smart enough to monitor it yourself there is never absolute protection from it.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
You have to get open ssh and do it remotely. I posted this on another thread just the other day. You want to then remove open ssh if you don't need it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234