Jailbreaking suggestions for VZW Iphone 4

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I know there's a lot of info out there, but a lot of it is based on opinion, and some info I've read even conflicts. I am interested in jailbreaking for 3 things only, as I'm pretty much very pleased with everything else with my Iphone. I want a better notification system, the ability to use my Iphone for wireless tether/wifi hotspot for free, and the ability to use my own short tones as sms and email alerts. Thats all I want, no themes, etc. What I'm asking for are your recommendations, and also, do you know if doing these things have resulted in a decrease in battery life, and/or stability issues/crashing, etc?

swooshme

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
Lockinfo, MyWi, and ToneFXs. Those should take care of you. If you are insterested For text messaging, I personally use TLert. I think the majority of people swear by BiteSMS although I found it did more than I needed. All I wanted was a way to quickly reply to a text message without having to leave whatever app I had open.

MyWi will be the only thing that causes a decrease in battery life, but that is only when actively using the iPhone as a Wifi Hotspot. And any program will do that, even the native one built into 4.3. or 4.2.6 (verizon)

Reactions: briankeith513

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Lockinfo, MyWi, and ToneFXs. Those should take care of you. If you are insterested For text messaging, I personally use TLert. I think the majority of people swear by BiteSMS although I found it did more than I needed. All I wanted was a way to quickly reply to a text message without having to leave whatever app I had open.

MyWi will be the only thing that causes a decrease in battery life, but that is only when actively using the iPhone as a Wifi Hotspot. And any program will do that, even the native one built into 4.3. or 4.2.6 (verizon)

Thanks. How do you compare tetherme to MyWi? and what are the price differences? I don't actually want a different sms system, I just want to be able to use my own tones as sms alerts and email alerts.

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

Ok, I just completed the JailBreak and I set up the trials for LockInfo, ToneFXs, and My3G. Still trying to decide between "tetherme" and "MyWi". I will say though, that I'm really liking LockInfo and ToneFXs so far.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
have you tried biteSMS? i'm not trying to whore it out.. well maybe little. if you haven't, at least give it a shot.. it's FREE. only difference between the paid version and the free would be the ads that appear at the bottom

i have no idea what tetherme is.. i have MyWi, with NO issues since day one of me owning it

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
have you tried biteSMS? i'm not trying to whore it out.. well maybe little. if you haven't, at least give it a shot.. it's FREE. only difference between the paid version and the free would be the ads that appear at the bottom

i have no idea what tetherme is.. i have MyWi, with NO issues since day one of me owning it

Ok, I may try it out.

P0stalTek

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I believe that when the "trial" runs out, you will begin getting subtle ads. Unless they changed it in the last 2 weeks. Bought it within hours of "trying" it.

It is one of the 3 reasons I will never go back to a stock iOS on my iP4.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

P0stalTek

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
The ability to quick reply from lockscreen for a major seller.

Otherwise, there are numerous small reasons I've found since getting it.

- Contact picture in conversation list, conversation itself and quick reply

- Customization: alot of settings to make it appeal fir everything you may want

- Ability to call someone from the quick reply window.

- Smilies are ok too

There is more but that's the differences I can think of on the spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: briankeith513