Free Apps after Jail Breaking?

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking about Jailbreaking soon, but the majority of the JB apps seem to still cost money. Where are the free apps?

Sent from my VZW iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
There are a lot of apps that are free from developers. But, that being said, most developers deserve being compensated for their work. I think the most I've paid for an app is around $15 for MyWi, very much worth that amount.

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
There are a lot of apps that are free from developers. But, that being said, most developers deserve being compensated for their work. I think the most I've paid for an app is around $15 for MyWi, very much worth that amount.

Where can I see a list of these free JB apps?

icebox93

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
On Cydia, go to sections, then when you choose a category free stuff is black, and pay stuff is blue. After your first login, the changes list (bottom center) lets you see everything that's come in since the last login. Same deal, free is black and pay is blue. So it's not hard to find what's what on Cydia.

Lots and lots of apps, ringtones and fonts are free but when it comes to useful stuff well, most of the best JB apps cost a little bit.
My wife grumbles about having to pay for stuff that apple should have put in to begin with, and i agree it sucks but developers need to eat too.

Reactions: briankeith513

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
icebox is right there are a ton of stuff that is free but the ones that are really good ask you to pay. Even then some like BiteSMS have a free option that is Ad supported. My GF loves it and I was about to pay for it but she is getting an iPhone 4 so I figured once she has her permanent phone then we'll install and pay for it. There are a ton of good themes that are also free and some apps that are free but ask if you like it to donate. So have fun but don't just try to enjoy the free ride LOL

wcarlson40#IM

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
The purpose of jailbreaking is not to pirate apps. In fact, most people will probably spend MORE $ after jailbreaking, by buying quality apps that are not listed on Itunes. If you're looking to jailbreak to get stuff for free, you're in the wrong place,,,

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
The purpose of jailbreaking is not to pirate apps. In fact, most people will probably spend MORE $ after jailbreaking, by buying quality apps that are not listed on Itunes. If you're looking to jailbreak to get stuff for free, you're in the wrong place,,,

I don't think he wants to pirate apps, in the firmware up to 3.x all the apps in the Cydia store were free. I think he was under the assumption it was still that way now.

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't think he wants to pirate apps, in the firmware up to 3.x all the apps in the Cydia store were free. I think he was under the assumption it was still that way now.

Exactly, that's what I had heard about before I got my iPhone. To see the Cydia apps, do I have to JB first, then install Cydia from somewhere first? Or is there some where online that I can go to look?

icebox93

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
You load cydia as part of the jailbreaking. Cydia is on the web, google it and poke around. But you can't see the majority of what's on it without the app. With the web interface all I could access was paid and featured apps.

icebox93

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
In terms of looking first, just read all the top jailbreak app posts in the forum, and use the jailbreak info links from tipb's homepage to access lots of info about top JB apps.

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
There is google doc sheet that lists all the cydia apps, compatibility, and cost and such.

Do you mind posting the link? Basically, all I want is tethering, better notification system, and the ability to use my own tones as SMS and email alerts.... for free.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro