Qtweeter

phoon61

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I have a jailbroken Iphone 4 running 4.2.1 and JB by Greenp0ison 6.
I recently downloaded qTweeter from Cydia and it bricked my phone.
I restored and re-downloaded it.
Again it bricked my phone.

Am i doing something wrong or has anyone else had this happen to them?/?

Steve-O

Banned
Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
Always worked a treat with my JB iP4 & not heard of any other probs with it from anyone I know that uses it. Now that I'm re-virginised it's the one app I miss .... although qStatus does a pretty decent job.

Reactions: phoon61

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I have not been able to get QTweeter to work since 4.1. No response from the dev either. Pity, cause it was a great app.

happykev

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I just installed qtweeter and it appears to have bricked my iPhone 4 running 4.21

It just constantly reboots and then becomes unresponsive.

Picked the wrong app to try to install. Guess I'll install 4.3 Gold Master and see what happens.

Damn it!

Kevin

phoon61

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Happykev that happened to me but I had a password on my phone. If u don't have a password u should be able to hook it up to your computer and ssh it or use funbox and delete qtweeter

happykev

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a password and I don't think I can access my phone via SSH since it's bricked (don't know the IP address). Just gonna install 4.3 and await a jailbreak for that.

Shame on qtweeter!

BSUNesto

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Qtweeter works fine on 4.2.1...

It was just updated a week or two ago to 4.66. BEFORE that update it wasn't compatible with 4.2.1 and would brick your phone. I had it happen to me twice too. I emailed the dev, took him about two weeks to respond, he updated and its been working great for the last couple of weeks on 4.2.1.

Nesto

happykev

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Well, I was on 4.21 and whatever version of qtweeter that was in the Cydia store bricked my phone when I installed it today.

I just got back from the Apple Store and they ended up giving me a refurbed iPhone since they couldn't get 4.21 back on my bricked phone.

I'll be avoiding jailbreak for awhile. Gonna update to 4.3 and leave it be for a bit.

Kevin

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
BSUNesto, if you got a response out of the QTweeter devs, you should save it, cause it's a collector's item.

They used to be very active in forums, and very responsive. Now they barely respond, and rarely update. I've lost all faith in them.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Even though I am JB'd I just use qStatus. Really not necessary to update statuses from anywhere. At least not for me.

c0rinne

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
qstatus seems to be a great app. I'm surprised there aren't more apps geared toward quickly tweeting out there.

qtweeter is pretty buggy. I've had to install/uninstall too often.

Martavious

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Looks like it doesn't work with 4.3.2 now. /sigh .. Looks like it would be an awesome app to use .. Saurik showing it off on iClarified makes me really want it .. Doesn't crash my phone but won't retain Twitter credential setups .. also notice the website doesn't even promote the app now

natefish

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Looks like it doesn't work with 4.3.2 now. /sigh .. Looks like it would be an awesome app to use .. Saurik showing it off on iClarified makes me really want it .. Doesn't crash my phone but won't retain Twitter credential setups .. also notice the website doesn't even promote the app now

After the trouble I had with waiting for apps like qtweeter and pkg backup to work with 4.3.1, I decided I'm not upgrading until I know the JB apps I have will work. It was a huge pain finding out the hard way that pkg backup and app backup weren't ready for 4.3.1. It was a rookie mistake on my part, but I'm not upgrading anymore until my fav apps are ready.

As for qtweeter, my biggest complaint is that I can't choose how I want to activate it with Activator. It only works if I use the default method of swiping down.

It's really the best solution for being able to quickly send status updates and media to twitter and facebook; it's a shame the support is so lacking.

Martavious

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
and the quick status update ability from the status bar (even if it takes over LockInfo's pulldown) is exactly why I want it .. Royal pain waiting for Twitter or TweetDeck to open every time (especially on 3GS phone).

Steve-O

Banned
Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
So changed my Twitter @ name & thought I'd update it in qStatus ..... but, no, it will no longer work at all when trying to add a new Twitter account. The company also don't seem to respond to Tweets or emails to try & help resolve it.

Have now binned it & moved over to qTweetings. Had an initial problem, but they got back to me on Twitter within 5 minutes & resolved it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73