Ok, I have read and read and read, here and online and all it has done is gotten me more confused. I think I have read every thread here in the last few days.

I bought an Iphone 3G from a friend. It no longer has a sim card for At&T. It is on iOS 4.2.1 with baseband of 05.15.04. I use a windows PC.

I would like to jailbreak and unlock this phone for use on another network.

Is this even possible? Somethings that I read, say yes, others no, since I have the 4.2.1 and no sim card. I read about the SAM that I can do, so that I dont need activation, but I also see that I need a MAC to do that.

some say redsn0w (what version and where do I download it??? sheesh), some say greenpois0n, omg, its all very confusing.

Im really confused.

Can one of you awesome, generous, wonderful experts here, point me in the right direction as to what I should do in order to jail break and unlock. Im really good at following directions, as long as they are the correct ones.
    I dont mind step by step kindergarten advice. Point me where to go and in what order and I will love you forever. I know you all have been asked it a hundred and eleven times.

HAAAALP.

Thanks!
    03-06-2011 07:50 PM
    For jailbreaking, check out GreenPois0n

For your baseband, there is currently no unlock, but one is on the way.
    MandyLynn likes this.
    03-06-2011 08:14 PM
    so I should wait until there is one. Ok, cool.
    03-06-2011 08:23 PM
    You can still jailbreak because the unlock, when it becomes available, will be available on Cydia.
    03-06-2011 08:59 PM
    I believe fuzzyband will let you downgrade your baseband so you can unlock.
    03-06-2011 09:35 PM
    ok I think I have got it, after research...
    Jailbroke with redsn0w. Added Ipad baseband.
    Installed the SAM/SAMPrefs for the activation issues with ultrasn0w and no sim card.
    Installed Ultrasn0w.
    everything seems to be working properly, no errors or issues, the true test will be tomorrow when I install the new Sim.

We shall see...

I really didnt need the phone to talk on, I have an EVO that I love. I got it for emergencies from a friend and to use when Im riding my fourwheeler. So, we shall see.
    03-07-2011 12:00 AM
    I have a exact requirement as you man ... just wanna know wht version of redsnow you used .... I am also damn confused ... newbie at jailbreak stuff
    03-18-2011 11:41 AM
    Just go to iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials look in the tutorials -> iPhone -> Jailbreak and look for your type of phone and the version of firmware you want to load read the instructions and there are usually links to the tools.
    03-18-2011 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD