Jailbreaking an unactivated 3GS

Go Android!

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I come Android Central land :). Their forums are great to me so hopefully you can help me.

A friend of mine has a 3gs that was on T-Mobile (I unlocked it for her). She complained it was freezing up all the time. So i told her to connect it to Itunes and put it through recovery. However, I didn't realize it that it would relock it.

She gave it to me to unlock it again. So now it is unactivated because I don't have an At&t sim card. So i don't know what firmware it's on to re-jailbreak it. So i'm kinda stuck... :(

Go Android!

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Alright someone PMed me but I need a post count of 15 to reply back. But this is what I said and what my problem now is:

Since the Iphone isn't activated, i won't let me do anything with it except connect to Itunes. But I'm guessing the phone is on 4.2.1 since it was restored. So i tried Greenpois0n, and it won't recognize the phone in DFU mode. Then I found out that the Iphone has to be activated for greenposi0n to work. So no progress. Also, I'm using PC.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I PMed you and I gave you my email so you could reply back to me. So like I said if Greenpois0n doesn't work you need to use an ipsw from pwnage tool then. So read through my PM again and like I said if you give me the information then I will try to help you as much as I can. The phone needs to be unlocked but I'm not sure if that's possible with the 4.2 baseband. I think I saw something the other day where it is but I'm not sure. So if it isn't then either wait till 4.3 is released and see if the 4.2 baseband is unlocked. You could do the iPad baseband but I wouldn't do that if it was my phone. The last option is to sell the phone to someone who has AT&T and buy another one that is unlocked or unlockable. So you let me know?

hades#IM

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
If you are still having issues, please list this information for us so we can help you. Most can be found in the Settings>General>About pane:

Version
Model
Modem Firmware

Go Android!

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
If you are still having issues, please list this information for us so we can help you. Most can be found in the Settings>General>About pane:

Version
Model
Modem Firmware

Like I said, the Iphone won't let me do anything but connect to Itunes. You can't access anything on an un-activated Iphone. But thanks for helping.

I gave my friend her Iphone back. She's just gonna find someone with an At&t sim card and activate with Itunes.

hades#IM

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Oh, I didn't notice that. But you're in luck. Just download tiny umbrella, and connect your phone. Select it in the left pane and all its info will be displayed.

I don't have enough posts to post links or embed images, so I can't show you what I mean. But just search for tiny umbrella.

hades#IM

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I have enough posts now so:

The Firmware Umbrella - TinyUmbrella

And here is the screenshot:
iOS-4.1-SHSH-Blobs.jpg

marishca08

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
can you help me? i updated my iphone 3gs days ago and i cant activate it.. some says because it was jailbroken before i update it im not sure if my phone was jailbroken. but i want to jailbreak it. how can i do this if im not when i cant even activate my phone? thanks for your help :)

marishca08

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
I PMed you and I gave you my email so you could reply back to me. So like I said if Greenpois0n doesn't work you need to use an ipsw from pwnage tool then. So read through my PM again and like I said if you give me the information then I will try to help you as much as I can. The phone needs to be unlocked but I'm not sure if that's possible with the 4.2 baseband. I think I saw something the other day where it is but I'm not sure. So if it isn't then either wait till 4.3 is released and see if the 4.2 baseband is unlocked. You could do the iPad baseband but I wouldn't do that if it was my phone. The last option is to sell the phone to someone who has AT&T and buy another one that is unlocked or unlockable. So you let me know?

can you help me? i updated my iphone 3gs days ago and i cant activate it.. some says because it was jailbroken before i update it im not sure if my phone was jailbroken. but i want to jailbreak it. how can i do this if im not when i cant even activate my phone? thanks for your help

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods