3GS Upgrade from 3.1.3 Spirit JB? Please Help!

merlin803

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I jail broke my Iphone 3GS last year using Spirit but am finding that I need to upgrade to at least OS4.0 to use some apps that I want.

I have been reading about different upgrade options until my eyes are ready to bleed and think I am more confused now than before I started, lol.

If someone could help me figure out my options I would greatly appreciate it!

What options do I have for upgrading and jail breaking? I waited for a new Spirit release but it looks like that isn't coming...:confused:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
As far as I know 4.3 wont be released until March 11th so yes you can upgrade in iTunes. You can hook up your iPhone and click check for upgrade it will tell you the version and wont do the upgrade unless you accept it. So if it says 4.2 you'll be good to go. So do a backup and sync in iTunes before you begin then upgrade. If you're on Windows use Greenpois0n or if you're on a Mac you can either use pwnage tool or Greenpois0n the choice is yours. Once you upgrade it will remove your current JB so make sure you backup your JB stuff if you can.

iphonestar

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Upgrade

But wont updating from Itunes also update the phone baseband ? Since I'm running an unlocked 3.1.3 iphone 3gs, I would need to unlock again after jaibreaking 4.2.1. And what unlock do I need to use?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
OK You never said anything about unlock. Yes it will upgrade the baseband so you'll need to restore from a custom firmware made in pwnage tool. The Pwnage tool only works on Mac so if you don't have a Mac let me know and Ican make you an ipsw.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2