iPad 1 jailbreak w greenpoisi0n?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
We need a little more info like what was the error you got? How far in the process did you get? It is pretty hard to get into DFU mode so this is not a problem with GP it's with getting into DFU mode. You should also search because there are threads about other problems you might encounter with GP.

buzzdar#WN

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I think it's greenpoisi0n 6.1 the latest one and on my iPhone it changed the boot logo on the iPad 1 it did not it did install the loader icon and I could install Cydia but that's all I could do it won't do n e thing else usually when it changes the boot logo on start up that's how u know it's done right Or am I wrong.

P0stalTek

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I jailbroke my iPad 1 with greenpois0n. It isn't fully functional for the iPad as of yet. I wasn't able to find many themes that worked within the iPad as they do on my iPhone.

You won't get the greenpois0n boot logo currently on the iPad even if successfully jailbroken. Some of the big apps on Cydia DO work (MiWi, LockInfo, folderenhancer, to name a few), however, most of the posted themes I've tried (even some I purchased for the iPhone originally) do not work.

I figure I'll wait and see whether it gets better for my iPad or iOS gets better first :D

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Buzzdar do you have Cydia on your iPhone? if you do then it's jailbroken(JB). You have the installer and you said you put Cydia on your iPad so it to is also JBen. The JB allows you to run 3rd party apps that Apple doesn't allow. You get these in Cydia. If you ever wan to know if you're JBen lok for Cydia this is the first sign you're JBen. If you want to know what you can load up now that you're JBen check out the threads about favorite JB apps and the lockscreen thread.

P0stal the JB is functional for iPad some of the themes and apps aren't. The apps and themes hav nothin to do with the JB, they are different developers. There are quite a few iPad specific themes you just have to find them. There's iQ Brushed iPad I tjink it's called.

P0stalTek

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Buzzdar do you have Cydia on your iPhone? if you do then it's jailbroken(JB). You have the installer and you said you put Cydia on your iPad so it to is also JBen. The JB allows you to run 3rd party apps that Apple doesn't allow. You get these in Cydia. If you ever wan to know if you're JBen lok for Cydia this is the first sign you're JBen. If you want to know what you can load up now that you're JBen check out the threads about favorite JB apps and the lockscreen thread.

P0stal the JB is functional for iPad some of the themes and apps aren't. The apps and themes hav nothin to do with the JB, they are different developers. There are quite a few iPad specific themes you just have to find them. There's iQ Brushed iPad I tjink it's called.

I was stoked to see your suggestion about a theme that works. But when I go to install it I get "Note: The requested modifications cannot be applied due to dependencies or conflicts that cannot be automatically found or fixed."

Depends "gsc.wildcat"

Any ideas? :p

P0stalTek

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Update: I found a webpage that explained how to fix that error using iFile, so I'm downloading the Brushed theme now. Thanks! I'll post a screenshot of how it went when it's finished.

As a side note: Why does the iPad seem to download the same jailbroken apps at 1/5th the speed of my iPhone on the same WiFi network? Baffling, that :p

P0stalTek

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the theme suggestion, I like it very much. If you'll notice though, it won't seem to let me keep my own user background for the homescreen.

Any easy way to fix that?

P0stalTek

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Yes buzzdar. I JB running 4.2.1 iOS using greenpois0n RC 5 I believe it was. I did it right after I got my preordered viP4 and found out how awesome JB was on it.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Yes I got Cydia so as long as I got that I'm good to go?

YES if you've got Cydia you're good to go :D

P0stal sorry I didn't see your post I wrote up how to fix the gsc.wildcat problem but glad you got it fixed. Yes it's very easy to fix the wallpaper issue ;) You go into your phone under \var\stash\Themes and inside the theme you'll see a Wallpaper.png just rename it and go into Winterboard and unselect the theme, select it again and respring. :D

Reactions: P0stalTek

P0stalTek

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
YES if you've got Cydia you're good to go :D

P0stal sorry I didn't see your post I wrote up how to fix the gsc.wildcat problem but glad you got it fixed. Yes it's very easy to fix the wallpaper issue ;) You go into your phone under \var\stash\Themes and inside the theme you'll see a Wallpaper.png just rename it and go into Winterboard and unselect the theme, select it again and respring. :D

This worked magic. So simple, yet I missed it for a couple hours until you came along and saved the day. :D

Thanks again! You are now my official iPad JG go-to guy :)

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
lol no prob always glad to help. OP let us know how the JB goes, once you have Cydia then it's JB. Check out the threads about top JB Apps.