Hey guys.

Last night I downloaded biteSMS on someone's recommendation from these forums, and I absolutely love it. So, I quickly went to Paypal and paid them 9 bucks to get it for life. The payment went through and charged my account, but I got a "I'm sorry, an error has occurred" from biteSMS and I never received any liscense information like I should have.

I emailed them and they sent me to a stupid FAQ via automatic response. The instructions were to send ANOTHER email to them with "NOT FAQ" in the subject response. I have yet to hear anything back from them after I did that.

Is this even a reputable company, as now I'm seriously considering cancelling the charge through Paypal before it's too late.

Anyone else have this issue?
    02-25-2011 11:58 AM
    They're totally reputable, just give it time. They also have an online forum where you might find help. Sorry you had this hiccup, it's generally pretty great!
    02-25-2011 12:01 PM
    You must put the subject as "NOT FAQ" otherwise you'll just get the auto-reply message again

try again: help@bitesms.com

Martin with biteSMS is one the most friendly Devs i have dealt with. nothing to worry about

edit: i believe they are based somewhere in Australia?? or on that side of the hemisphere, so their time zone will differ
    Last edited by BLiNK; 02-25-2011 at 12:46 PM.
    02-25-2011 12:42 PM
    Thanks, I was a little worried when I got the error and it still charged me :P Seemed odd, but if so many know/use them, I feel a bit better about it!
    02-25-2011 12:44 PM
    You must put the subject as "NOT FAQ" otherwise you'll just get the auto-reply message again

try again: help@bitesms.com

Martin with biteSMS is one the most friendly Devs i have dealt with. nothing to worry about
    I did put NOT FAQ in the subject - haven't heard back sense then. But again, with all the positive feedback about the developer, that's enough to put my mind at ease. Afterall, I'm still on the 15-day trial, so no biggie yet
    02-25-2011 12:45 PM
    Did you get this sorted?
    02-26-2011 02:09 PM
    Did you get this sorted?
    i was kind of wondering the same thing myself
    02-27-2011 10:02 AM
    BiteSMS > iRealSMS

Just so everyone knows...
    02-27-2011 10:29 AM
    BiteSMS > (fill in the blank)

Just so everyone knows...
    fixed
    02-27-2011 10:37 AM
    They got me fixed up and I couldn't be ANY more pleased. Best SMS app ever.

Thank you for the suggestion because it's literally the best I've seen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    02-28-2011 11:31 PM
    Glad to hear it; it's really one of the benchmark JB apps out there. Just so well done, and run by a real professional. Enjoy going through all the details!
    P0stalTek likes this.
    03-01-2011 12:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD