storing Cydia & Winterboard stuff

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Someone please tell me the best way to store my JB stuff if i have to do a "restore" on the phone. Is there any way to get it all back at once? Short of writing everything down, i haven't figured it out yet. Trying to be prepared for the next OS upgrade. Thanks.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't think there's a perfect way, yet. Pkgbackup is decent (in Cydia) as a way to maintain an inventory of what you have installed. Cydia also offers a Manage Account option in the homepage, but I think that might only work with paid apps. But really manual reinstallation is the best way in terms of stability/reliability.

Reactions: anon(631531)

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
last restore i manually installed all my apps & tweaks by memory..

i think i have done it too many times haha

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Before I restored on Thursday night (long, tragic story), I opened Cydia and took screen shots of each page under Manage/Packages... so I had a clear picture of everything... synced them to my MBP and it did make finding/getting everything back pretty straightforward... it was time consuming though, as some of the apps just took you back to the Cydia store, while others wanted to respring, or (worse, time wise) reboot the phone... but it worked...

Wish there was a simple way to do it, but manually doing it step-by-step is the cleanest and best, IMO. There is always a cost involved in doing something - time, money or residual garbage...

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Hank, do you use the Queue method, or do you just reinstall them one at a time? Queueing can really save time!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Hank, do you use the Queue method, or do you just reinstall them one at a time? Queueing can really save time!

I did one at a time... and yeah, it took a while... maybe I should look into the queue thing... but I don't plan on doing that very often :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro